Sub Hilt fund raiser WIP

Look at this Paul Long Sheath. Spectacular!

101_4650_edited.jpg

Here is the icing on the cake. The thing we've been working toward. The prize at the end. The playground with smiling faces.
Thanks so much everybody that got onboard with our fundraiser knife and helped make this possible.
Here is the blog directly from Embracing Orphans http://www.embracingorphans.blogspot.com/

Here is the old and the new playground completed just yesterday in Blossem Gardens Orphanage Jamaica.

image001-1.jpg

DSCN12921.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool Bruce. That was a very worth while raffle and it was win win either way. Looks like the kids are having a blast! Thanks -Burton

Great project. Will we see the engraving ?

You bet. Its on the way back as we speak. The engraver, Ken Hurst has been depressed from the loss of his wife and had a delay on the job but is perking up finally and has called with the news that it is in the mail.

Awesome update! Thank you for sharing the photos Bruce. That's one of the best fundraising updates I've ever seens.

This photo is from Embracing Orphans blog and is small. There were about 20 people including Mike and Kristi that were there constructing the playground so I expect to have some way better pictures I will put up here. I just love those little kids. BTW Mike and Kristi adopted one if you didnt already hear. They will fly into Seattle with him, 5 year old Matthew. We are excited new grandparents.

This photo is from Embracing Orphans blog and is small. There were about 20 people including Mike and Kristi that were there constructing the playground so I expect to have some way better pictures I will put up here. I just love those little kids. BTW Mike and Kristi adopted one if you didnt already hear. They will fly into Seattle with him, 5 year old Matthew. We are excited new grandparents.

Bruce - and Mike and Ken and Paul - thank you again for such a heartwarming gift. Seeing the playground is as good a gift and watching you all build the knife. This really warms my heart. Thanks so much.

This is pretty dang cool Bruce. Can't wait to see more pics of the knife and the kids. How excited and proud you must be to have a new grandchild!
My parayers and reguards go out to mr. Hurst for his loss.

Here is the new addition to the Bump family.

22435_216438547054_730307054_323128.jpg

This is our group that put the playground equipment together there and another shot of one of two pieces

17836_270447810405_686390405_496925.jpg

17836_270447840405_686390405_496925.jpg

Matthew lookin' happy

Thanks for posting those pics, Bruce. Sure looks like Matthew is one little happy camper :).

As we've all heard about poor Haiti, it makes me wonder how Jamaica was affected.

Dana

I bet that everyone is super excited to have Matthew home. I haven't adopted myself, but I know that there is a lot of excitement and stress that comes with the process.

Bruce, thank you again for allowing me to share in the pleasure of this effort. I've made literally thousands of sheaths, but none more important or satisfying than this one and the cause it represented.

Paul

Bruce, thank you again for allowing me to share in the pleasure of this effort. I've made literally thousands of sheaths, but none more important or satisfying than this one and the cause it represented.

Paul

Hi Paul, Thanks for checking in here and posting. Even more thanks for helping to make all this possible. Those kids spazed out when they finally got to play on it.

I have the knife back from Ken and the engraving looks fantastic. Its all at the photographers right now and I hope to post a final picture on here of the knife and the sheath.

Here is the final shot of this knife. Because it is in Walla Walla I still get visitation rights.
This incredible picture was taken (and donated to the cause) by Cody Onthank. Looks terrific Cody!
Its the first picture that shows the beautiful engraving of Ken Hurst also.

Collage03.jpg

Last edited:
Back