Stolen Folder

This folder was stolen off the table on April 11, 2010 at the Tulsa Gun Show by some low life scum sucking thief!! A reward is offered for the recovery, or information leading to the recovery, of this folder.

It is a prototype model with a "P" etched on the blade, as well as my makers mark. Any help recovering the folder will be appreciated.

Johnny Stout Handmade Knives
http:www.stoutknives.com
johnny@stoutknives.com
830-606-4067

EngravedNomad.jpg

Johnny,

That stinks. It is an awesome knife. I hope you catch the person that took it and prosecute them for theft.

It is really disappointing that people think so little of others that they will deprive them of the rewards of their hard work.

I would hate to think that knifemakers will have to put their creations under glass at a show.

Keep us posted on if you find it.

Johnny, I'm very sorry to hear of this. This is an amazing piece and deserves to be appreciated by a customer or reiepient, not a thief. In the event the piece is recovered, I hope you prosecute to the fullest extent the law will allow. Theft of such a treasure is not petty theft. This is a fellony level crime (I've owned several cars that were worth less than this piece).

I hope it shows up. I had one stolen this spring so I know that sinking feeling when you realize it's missing. It stinks.

Hi , Maybe if you guys who have pictures of the stolen knives can create a photo list . Then either take that list and create an ALERT ! thread so Dealers and the public have an easy reference to such knives . I know it would trouble me greatly if I found out a knife I just purchased was stolen . With the internet now on phones and every other device , it would leave little hiding room for such knives . It wouldn't be a drama thing , more like us Watch Dogging for ourselves . Just an idea . Thanks , Bill

That's a crying shame, Johnny. I hope you catch them alone in a dark alley.

When I was in the Navy, if they caught a thief, they tended to have problems with hatch closing on their fingers on the way to the brig. People would steal everything, including your underwear, even though everyone had a job and a paycheck!

I like the "Watch Dog" idea!!!! And we could encourage other forums to participate and share. That might put a big quieteus on this kinda stuff.

I keep watching this thread, hoping that Johnny will be posting, "They caught 'em and they can't make bond".

Johnny, that's a crying shame!
When I was in the Navy...People would steal everything, including your underwear, even though everyone had a job and a paycheck!
Have you heard of Maricopa County (Phoenix), Arizona? Sheriff Joe Arpaio had to dye the underwear, sheets and towels in his jails pink to reduce theft. It caught on well enough that he now sells pink boxers and handcuffs to help fund his Youth Assistance Foundation. Wouldn't want to dye Johnny's beautiful work pink ;) but it goes to illustrate that some people will steal anything anywhere, even in jail!
I like the "Watch Dog" idea!!!! And we could encourage other forums to participate and share. That might put a big quietus on this kinda stuff.
I don't get to many shows, but would gladly carry some pictures to the few I can make. It would feel good to help recover stolen treasures like this.
I keep watching this thread, hoping that Johnny will be posting, "They caught 'em and they can't make bond".
It would be even more fun to hear they were in Sheriff Joe's jail. Last I heard his minimum security prison was a tent city where the prisoners had to work the land (dessert) to grow food for their kitchen.

That makes me sick, I was set up at that show with a crowd that big there's always going to be scum buckets. Did you have them announce it over the speaker? Hopefully it shows up.

Sorry to hear about your knife getting ripped off. I hope you recover it soon.

I think I'm going to chain my knives to the table at the shows. Those dang glass cases are looking better all the time.

Larry

Sorry to hear about this. If you don't mind I can post this on one of our local gun boards here in OK if Bill, Warrior, or someone hasn't already done it. If I see or hear of it I will let you know.

Guys, I've been out of town helping with my son that just had back surgery, or I would have replied here earlier. The police were called and the theft reported...it is valued at $2500.00 or they wouldn't have even bothered to take the report!! I think it qualifies as a Class A felony...over $2000.00.

Chances are I'll never get it back, but if any of you want to post it to other forums, or send a picture your local Gun& Knife group let me know and I'll email you hi-res picture that can be printed out.

Thanks for your support on this thing....I'm to the point of displaying my knives in a glass case in the future. If it wasn't so much of a hassle when flying to shows I would've already done it.

I like the idea of a certain place, forum, etc. to list stolen knives. This crook will try to sell it a some point and maybe someone will recognize it.

If I can help any way let me know.

Sorry to hear that man. Karma is gunna bite this guy in the A$$. with luck he will get caught and cut himself running from the cops. If he lost a digit, I don't think anyone would loose any sleep. Man I hate thieves!!!

Back