Stefan Mast - knife maker from Germany

smastino

Hello,
my name is Stefan Mast. I live at lake Tegernsee - 50km south of munich - the home of the "Oktoberfest" :3:

view from my working place:

351.jpg

me and my niece.

I started knife making in 2008, because I need to build myself a knife for my "Lederhose". I bought a pease of Damascus steel from Peter Stienen and used a self made grinder . . . That´s what it looks like

1795e6ac9c.jpg

After around 10 knives I made my 1st full integral knife RWL and mommoth invory. I named it "ice age"

vollint_2778.jpg

sheath_ray3.jpg

Followed by 1st folder "Big Boy" it is a liner look Damascus steel blade, titan liner and mammoth scales.

xxl_xs.jpg

If you like, have a look at my knife homepage where you will find a lot more about me and my work.

kind regards from Germany
Stefan Mast

Welcome to the pack Stefan.
Great looking work!

That first pic....well let's just say,not for me:s7435:

God bless,Keith

Beautiful work. The integral is gorgeous and the leatherwork is outstanding.
Welcome. Dozier

Hi,
thanks for your comments. Knife making became my 2nd way - aside flying - to "enjoy live" :biggrin:

My latest folder - full integral.

bigboy_voll13.jpg

bigboy_voll16.jpg

The liner is made out of 6mm Titan, the blade is stainless Damascus steel, scales iron dessert wood.

My latest fixed is a hunting knife.

zladinox_sambar15.jpg

Stain less Damascus steel with sambar

Kind regrads from lake Tegernsee
Stefan Mast

Last edited:
Those are some Beautiful Knives.

Looks like I have another stop when I Get to Germany.............Someday(it's a Dream)

im not exactly sure what you are doing in the first pic... but if I ever make it to Germany, I want to do that! :) And your knives look amazing! GREAT work...

thank for the warm welcome to knifedogs. I started knife making in spring 2008, since I needed a knife for my traditional leader shorts.

zladinox_sambar31.jpg

Then I got infected by the "knife virus" :13: and build more. As I was asked what I am doing on the frist picture . . . I am a professionel paragliding tandem pilot, taking pedestrains for a flight on my paraglider. In winter time I focus more on knifes :biggrin:

Such as my little stain less steel "full metal" Raptors

raptorXSvoll_9.jpg

raptorXSvoll_5.jpg

Kind regards from lake Tegernsee

Welcome, I enjoyed looking at your work! I was fortunate enough to visit Germany when I was a kid, I would love to make it back some day.

Paragliding... Check. I'll be looking into that in the spring. :)

And those Raptors look great! perfect for the front pocket when dressed up a little or headed to church... With a strong metal clip, it would make a great boot knife also

boot knife is a good idea, but I got an other sheath version sundays as well.

raptorxsvoll_8.jpg

back pocket sheath :cool:

Kind regards from lake Tegernsee

"knife virus" indeed... welcome to the affliction. Your work is lovely, not a wasted line... all business and elegant as well.

. . . "small world" when I started knife making 2008, I run into a german black smith, knife maker as well, in internet.

With big eyes and open mouth I looked at the pictures on his outstanding Damascus steel. It was clear I had to contact him right away. The result, Uwe became my “buddy” we both got selected by the German Knife Guild as the new comers 2008 and got a table at the Knife Show in Solingen.

Qur first project was my knife Black Mamba, Uwe did a great job and forged a very nice turkish pattern Damascus steel with a fire cracker cutting age.

black_mamba8_05.jpg

black_mamba7_01.jpg

black_silver1.jpg

In summer 2009 he and his family spend 2 weeks in my place, of cause all of them got “air borne”

uwe.jpg

look like my buddy is enjoying to control the glider :biggrin:

Last but not least, he - uwe 1971 - was the one got me to join knife dogs.

Kind regrads from lake Tegernsee

Herr Stefan, very skilled work in your knives. Thank you for sharing. I was in Bad Tolz, beautiful country... tomo

Hi tomo,
you don´t have to call me Herr :3: . . . you have been to Bavaria, part of Germany "Herr or Mr." is not needed. Bad Tölz is one of my working places regarding Paragliding, For you, a shot viewing your home base - left upper corner on the pic - in Germany.

_1005_01.jpg

Merry-X-mas to you and all knifedogs

Last edited:
Back