Stag and Buffalo

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
attachment.php

8" overall with Sambar scales, red Corian spacer and buffalo bolsters. Special thanks to John Barker for the most excellent Stag. Shortened and re-profiled blade by Darryl Ralph.
Thanks for looking,
Steve

Last edited:
Nice folder Steven. How did you get a big hitter like Darryl to help out with this one? Is he teaching you some tricks? This is the first folder I've seen from you. Looks pretty nice!

Bruce,
It is a mod of a DDR 3 Blade. I re-made the liners in 440, and again you are very observant, It is my first folder. I had the pivot holes out of alignment and ended up shortening the liners and the blade. It needs a solid spine, so I'm gonna rip it apart and do that next. I have to make one for the build off and was 100% clueless on folders. So now I'm only 99% clueless, but it's a start.

Thanks for looking,
Steve

Steve , that is a great looking folder ! I wonder of the stag wood have looked better if more had been removed from the backside before final fitting ?

Joe

Joe,
The scales were at their thinnest in the middle and I hogged quite a bit off the back as it was to expose as much of the middle as possible on the final shaping, one side also had a low spot on the top edge and any thinner would have made the liners narrower in the center. (see the 3rd picture). It is a thick piece, hence the sheath. Carried in your front pocket would make you look like you were smuggling a roll of quarters. Thanks for the look and the comments, I appreciate it.

Steve

Back