Something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its always contains a threat and a blackmail, ...again, thats a Bad Religion which needs to create fear to make us believe... and without fear, Christianity wont survive....at least in Your conservative, fundamentalistic form
.....seems some of You guys need to believe in hell...assumed that there is proof that hell is not existing, You still would believe in Jesus?

You cannot wash away the proof of hundreds of years that hell hides in the Christianity itself.....need to be reminded of the crusades and the inquisitions, only to mention a few....?
I believe in Jesus and earth is a disc, and bad is below and good is above......allright, I got it...Amen!
This is not a threat, it is a warning. There is a difference. God wants you saved so much that he sent his only son to die so that you could be saved. Do you understand? He has done everything possible to save you. Yet you would choose bondage over freedom, blindness over sight, hell over heaven. God isn't the one who throws people into hell. They choose it for themselves.

…I guess I should explain my theology a little, at least in terms of doctrine, and why I don’t consider myself a fundamentalist. I’m not going to be able to explain how I arrived at it or what it implies, at this time.

#1. I don’t believe that the Trinity can represent true monotheism, without including pantheism.

#2. I don’t believe in the literal inerrancy of the bible.

The thing is Tia you state you don't hold the Bible in the same light as most of us. As I stated earlier when you doubt the Bible your placing higher value on your opinion than God. There are 26 letters in the alphabet and I can make them say anything I want. When you pick and choose stuff from the Bible you can get a pretty twisted point of view.

You also state that you don't think God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are the only gods. Christianity is pretty exclusive you believe or you don't, there is no fence to sit on. I can not remember who said this first but "Lunatic, Liar, or Lord" Jesus can only be one of the three. Jesus claimed to be God in the Bible, that makes you crazy or evil unless its true. If Jesus is God than we should follow all his his teachings not just the parts we like. Jesus would quote the old testament often in fact as a boy he astounded the religious leaders by his great knowledge of it.

Fundamentalist in Christian sense is tremendous love. I have a couple friends who were/are (one passed away) Christian fundamentalists they spent 20 to 30 years living in the slums preaching the good news, looking out for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the people living there. Never once did they harm anyone even when threatened with violence. Fundamentalism to me means loving my enemies even when I don't like them.

I must admit I can't really tell what your motives are in posting some of the stuff you have posted.

I think we are all picking and choosing which parts of the bible we take literally. That's how doctrines are made. We just can't see the whole bible any other way except through different lenses. No body knows and we all need to at least leave the possibility open, that we could be wrong.

The problem I find with the idea or doctrine that we have to believe in order to be saved is, it puts our faith in our own ability to realize, accept and believe,... not in Jesus. It's kind of like saying you have to believe in gravity before it works.

I love the bible, but my walk with God is not dependent on it. I do not worship it as God or put it before God. This would be idolatry.

...Bad theology and religious extremism are getting innocent people killed in the world right now. I want to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Last edited:
'Good' theology can be just as dangerous as 'bad' theology. Christianity has not one thing to do with theology or religion either for that matter.

The teachings of Jesus don't in any way condone violence, murder or genocide. It commands exactly the opposite. No Christian here, or any that I know personally, nor any true Christian church or group that I can think of advocates murder or violence or the killing of people because of unbelief. Can the same be said about Muslims? Hardly. Or other groups? Yes people were killed in the name of Christ in history. But any would be hard pressed to call the crusaders, or the 'holy' roman empire or Hitler or any of the like 'true' Christians. They follow not the teaching of the Word.

Worshiping the Bible cannot be considered idolatry.

John 1:1
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God."

Here we have two separate things identified, God and the Holy Spirit (the Word), linked together as one and the same.

John 1: 14
"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father) full of grace and truth."

Now we have the Word, (God), made flesh (Jesus) thus linking Jesus as the Word, the Word already linked as God, with God. Three in one.....the trinity, though 'trinity' is not used in the Bible. The concept outlined here could not be plainer.

Further,

1 John 5: 7
"For there are three that bear record in Heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

I guess I was wrong, the concept COULD be plainer. :)

And,

1 John 2:23
"Whoseover denies the Son, the same has not the Father: he that acknowledges the Son has the Father also."

Last edited:
I've already said about all I have to say about it and made it as simple and clear as I possibly could. I'm not going to argue about it. You are free to believe whatever you want,... but it doesn't mean you are right and I could be wrong as well.

Thanks for sharing that with us. Good journey! :)

The problem I find with the idea or doctrine that we have to believe in order to be saved is, it puts our faith in our own ability to realize, accept and believe,... not in Jesus. It's kind of like saying you have to believe in gravity before it works.

You're exactly right here though. God as Creator of all, has control over all the universe.....Except the choice to believe and accept Him or not. It's the ONE thing He left up to mankind. If you acknowledge God as Creator of all, what would be the point of creating mankind with a pre installed love of and acceptance of God? We would be like robots, incapable of our own free will. He wants our love, our worship, our belief and our commitment to Him. But He won't force us. That to me is much more a sign of a loving God than one who forces us to bend to his will as a tyrant.

Salvation through Jesus Christ is a completely free gift and sound truth. Either believe and accept it, or don't. Likewise, the concept of hell as a place of eternal judgement for the wicked or ungodly is sound truth. Either believe it or don't. The choice is totally ours and ours alone.

Contrary to what has been falsely stated here by Jeremiah, it has absolutely nothing to do with blackmail or fear. It has everything to do with reward and eternal gain in the way of salvation with Christ as joint heirs to the Kingdom. Or...you can choose the other path, the path of rejection and suffer the vengeance of eternal fire.

I look at it like this: If Christians are wrong about everything, then the consequences of unbelief mean absolutely nothing. When we die, that's it. Nothing happens next. But what if Christians are right about everything? What then? Suddenly the consequences of unbelief mean EVERYTHING and are very grave. It seems overly simplistic to say but, what has anyone got to lose by believing? Nothing at all. But what do they stand to gain by believing? Possibly everything.

That's not a chance I'm willing to take. Are you? Is anyone else?

The teachings of Jesus don't in any way condone violence, murder or genocide. It commands exactly the opposite. No Christian here, or any that I know personally, nor any true Christian church or group that I can think of advocates murder or violence or the killing of people because of unbelief. Can the same be said about Muslims? Hardly. Or other groups? Yes people were killed in the name of Christ in history. But any would be hard pressed to call the crusaders, or the 'holy' roman empire or Hitler or any of the like 'true' Christians. They follow not the teaching of the Word.
I find it amazing that so many judge christianity based on the actions of those who behave in direct opposition to its core teachings. This would be similar to judging all atheists based on the actions of Jeffery Dahmer or Stalin and coming to the conclusion they are all mass murders.

I believe the bible is the inerrant word of God. There are several reasons I believe this.

First, it is composed of 66 books written by 40 writers over a period of at least 1600 years, containing books of history, poetry, wisdom, and prophesy.... and maintaining the clear story of God's redemptive plan from Genesis to Revelation. Jesus is the central theme of the bible. This in and of itself is nothing shy of miraculous.

The bible contains over 2000 prophesies that have been fulfilled so far, many with very specific details. 60 (I've seen some estimates as high as 353, but let's stick to a conservative estimate) were fulfilled by Jesus Christ. The odds of this happening by chance are astronomical.
The probability that Jesus of Nazareth could have fulfilled even eight such prophecies would be only 1 in 100, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000.
(from the work of Peter Stoner, Professor Emeritus of Science at Westmont College)

There is a great deal of scientific evidence that supports the Bible. Instead of copying and pasting the information, I'll just point you to this.

It is 100% historically accurate. It has been subjected to the minutest scientific textual analysis possible to humanity and has been proven to be authentic in every way. The names of over 40 different kings of various countries mentioned in the Bible have all been found in contemporary documents and inscriptions outside of the Old Testament, and are always consistent with the times and places associated with them in the Bible. Nothing exists in ancient literature that has been even remotely as well-confirmed in accuracy as has the Bible.

Jesus openly testifies to its authority and origin, constantly used scripture as though it were authoritative, emphasized the importance of it, testified to the fulfillment of biblical prophesy, indicates that the source of all error comes from neglecting the scriptures, and refers to many Old Testament events as historical facts, not myths. So either the bible is true and reliable, or Jesus was a liar.

I think we need to try to understand and tolerate religious diversity better. Stop the fighting. Forget religious domination of the world. Otherwise, we will just be setting the stage for the antichrist, and his one world religion, one world government and one world economy.

I can’t believe some of the anti Muslim sentiments that are being broadcast through Christian media. It’s no wonder they are so upset with us. Yes, we have freedom of speech, but we should use it more responsibly.

We are already truly one through Jesus in our diversity and we should be trying harder to live this truth, agree to disagree,… try and speak our views without condemning each other to hell. I can not think of a better way to do this than by saying, “Everyone goes to heaven“. This is also the conclusion of Pope Francis. I’m pretty sure he knows the bible better than us and understands other world religions as well.

When Jesus died on the cross not only did he fulfill Jewish law, but also the law of every true religion. This is something that needs to be understood if we are ever to find peace and heaven on earth. It’s not our duty to unite all the religions and people of the world. Jesus already did. Jesus sees himself in every one of us and to do harm or to speak badly about one another is the same as doing harm to Jesus,... literally.

Let's all try harder, O.K.?

Last edited:
Since Tai loves to have the last word I'll close this thread now.
A lot of truth has been spoken here and I'm proud of you true Christians,members of The Body of Christ,joint heirs with Christ in the Kingdom of God,children of God,for contending for the faith,defending the cause of Christ against misinformation,false, doctrine and outright lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back