Something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am who that do say you. :)

Jesus is, I am.

When I realized Jesus within myself, I was meditating on the words, "I am who I am". In that moment, I realized I was one with God through Jesus.

Jesus personifies *God in man* and apart from Him we can do nothing.

Last edited:
… So, when I opened the gift and looked inside the box,… I found myself. :)

I found that Jesus is my life and I have no life, consciousness or self awareness of my own. I had no *I am* of my own. I mean this literally. I would not have been born without Jesus. This is the gift God gave me. God gave me myself, through Jesus, from the beginning. All that was left for me to do was realize it, accept it and believe it.

Jesus made this all possible, by clearing my debt for me, before I was even born. A part of me wants to believe that even if I hadn’t realized it in the here and now, He still had a place for me in heaven, because He already owned me and there was no power in the universe that could take me away.

So, I give Jesus the Son of Man, the highest place possible next to God the Father. Jesus is God in Man.

Last edited:
Not intending to create any waves, but i would like to know where the Scriptures are in error. And, pantheism has nothing to do with the Holy Trinity.

I don’t reject the Trinity. I just can’t accept that it represents true monotheism.

Numerically, one does not equal three, and vice versa. It is just simple arithmetic and theology.

I don’t think the scriptures are in error on this, but the doctrine of the Trinity might need to be reconsidered in order to spread the branches of divinity *infinitely* to include all mankind, as I believe the scriptures intended and is already the reality of it. Therefore, God is one, God is three and God is infinite/omnipresent,... The beginning and the end. Everything comes from God and everything returns to God.

We are each born with our Soul/Spirit already inside us. This part of us is *I am*. We can not live without it.

Water can appear as solid, liquid, or gas... but it is still water. I've quit trying to understand it, as it is beyond my carnal mind's ability to fully comprehend. My spirit understands it perfectly...:)

There is God who is above, the Father.
There is God who became flesh, the Son.
There is God who dwells within me, the Spirit.
They are one.
Simple as that...;)

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God...

We are each born with our Soul/Spirit already inside us. This part of us is *I am*. We can not live without it.
Ephesians 2...
And you were dead in your trespasses and sins....
You are quite right, we cannot live without it, and are spiritually dead without it. This is a picture of the fallen man, the unfortunate natural state of man since the fall of Adam.
But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—
This is what it means to be born again, to become a new creation, to become spiritually alive.
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
We have been saved (to rescue one who is in danger of destruction) by grace (unmerited, undeserved mercy and favor), through believing (faith). For one who has not heard the gospel (Rom.10:17), who has not believed, they have no access, no admission to this grace (Rom.5:2).

Believing/faith in what exactly? I think Peter summed it up nicely:
you yourselves know the thing which took place throughout all Judea, starting from Galilee, after the baptism which John proclaimed. You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. We are witnesses of all the things He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They also put Him to death by hanging Him on a cross. God raised Him up on the third day and granted that He become visible not to all the people, but to witnesses who were chosen beforehand by God, that is, to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead. And He ordered us to preach to the people, and solemnly to testify that this is the One who has been appointed by God as Judge of the living and the dead. Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins. (Acts 10:37-43)
That is the gospel in a nutshell, what we must believe to be saved. When we are saved, God gives us a new spirit, "which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth" (Eph.4:24). This is what it means to be born from above.

I'm not sure why I was supposed to tell you that.

The thing that I love about God (one of many) is that He put us on a truth journey, a God journey. We are not expected to be as we will be 10 years from now He expects us to be us, today. An acorn is a mighty oak tree and is just right for its place on the journey. One day we will see clearly but today we see in a glass dimly. If we truly seek Him we will arrive at the right "place". He is our only teacher and He is the best teacher anyone could ever have. He uses us as He chooses and often without our knowing it or if we know, we don't know what we are doing. We think we are doing one thing and He uses it to do something very different. It is our place to obey. Ed

Each day I read the bible and try use the message with someone in the community or at home with a family member. I was shopping at Sam's Club on Sunday and where you can scan your Sam's card to get a sample. There a customer that had four little children with her and she scanned our Sam's card to get the sample for her kids. Once the kids seen that one only came out of the machine there were upset kids and they started to cry. I noticed the kids start crying and something came over me to go to the machine and get the sample. Once I got the sample I walked up to the customer and gave her the sample and she stated to me you do not need to do this and I stated that I have 3 kids that were that age once. She smiled at me and said, Thank You. I feel I made her day and the rest of her shopping.

Water can appear as solid, liquid, or gas... but it is still water. I've quit trying to understand it, as it is beyond my carnal mind's ability to fully comprehend. My spirit understands it perfectly...:)

There is God who is above, the Father.
There is God who became flesh, the Son.
There is God who dwells within me, the Spirit.
They are one.
Simple as that...;)

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God...

I believe what you are saying is referred to as modalism or *Oneness* as opposed to trinitarianism.

I am with you on it, but there might be even more to it. :)

Jesus said, "I am the vine, you are the branches."

Last edited:
The thing that I love about God (one of many) is that He put us on a truth journey, a God journey.

Yep.

I am thankful for it and don't think we will lose anything if our theology or our words are less than perfect along the way. :)

I'm sure at some point in His life, Jesus must have contemplated many of these same things, and a lot more... before He started teaching.

... Let's just stay the course and do what we can.

Last edited:
Yep.

... Let's just stay the course and do what we can.

Yes, That is what we do and it is called faith. We can only "stay the course" because we have faith enough to know the outcome. The only way to have that faith is to know the one you are putting your faith in. There are many people who might be good as people go but I have no faith in them because I don't know them.

In my mind I sometimes see a picture of a hammock swinging between two trees. God is saying do you trust it, could you sleep in it and I say sure, no problem. I then see the same hammock swinging between two trees that are on opposite sides of a narrow but very deep canyon. Then I know that my faith in the hammock was really my faith in me not getting hurt if I fell 2 ft to the grass covered ground. Hammocks are unfamiliar to me. I have laid in one a few times but I have never slept in one so i naturally would not have faith in the one swinging out over the canyon.

With Jesus it is somewhere in between complete faith and trusting that I can handle it if I fall. That is the journey. I have much more faith than I had a few years ago but I will have more in a few years because the Holy spirit will lead me from faith to faith until my faith is very strong. It is His work not mine. He is the teacher, It is only my job to know that He is my very able teacher and have faith in Him.

Ed

I believe what you are saying is referred to as modalism or *Oneness* as opposed to trinitarianism.

I am with you on it, but there might be even more to it. :)

Jesus said, "I am the vine, you are the branches."

Tai, there are many mysteries in Gods Word that we will never be able to understand or comprehend this side of Heaven, and God does not expect us to. HE only asks us to have Faith in His Word that it is true and He will carry out every promise and every word. Faith only requires believing, believing not just that God can do, but that He WILL do that which he has spoken and promised. Faith is what leads us to salvation through Christ and into obedience to Gods word.

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."
"'

I don't fully understand the Trinity but as George said, my spirit understands it and as I read Gods word the Holy Spirit who God filled me with bears witness to my soul that it is true. That's all I need, God does not expect me (or anyone else) to be a scholar or such, only be as a little child and believe his word and have faith in him that HE will carry out that word to the letter.

It is a walk of Faith. And a part of Faith is knowing God will catch me when I fail, or pick me up out of a mess He let me fall into when I was too bullheaded to do something his way instead of mine to teach me a lesson in obedience and patience.

I really need to type up that testimony I mentioned earlier, maybe tonight.

Where does this faith originate or come from, if not from Jesus?

Last edited:
I have so much faith in Jesus, I believe everyone will go to heaven after they die.

The idea of anyone *literally* going to hell for eternity is just off the table for me.

Last edited:
romans 10:17 "Faith cometh from hearing and hearing from the Word of God"

True. It's from the Word (singular) of God,... not the words (plural) of man. Man cannot speak or write the *Word* of God. Only God can speak it Himself.... It's everything in just one Word.

Jesus is the Word of God made flesh.

Last edited:
I have so much faith in Jesus, I believe everyone will go to heaven after they die.

The idea of anyone *literally* going to hell for eternity is just off the table for me.

I have to say that the above quote baffles me coming from one who believes in God and the bible as His word, if I am indeed understanding your position correctly.

If one believes that the Holy Scriptures are God's word, how do you square this thought with all of the too numerous to list here scriptures that speak of hell, the lake of fire and all the unjust/wicked/unbelievers who will be cast into it?

Picking and choosing which part of God's Holy Word you believe and which you don't seems like a slippery slope and the concept itself goes against Scripture.

Can you tell me from your heart, by name, anyone who goes to hell or has ever gone there?

Last edited:
Luke 6:37
Matthew 7:12-14
Revelation 20:11-13
Matthew 5:22
Matthew 5:29-30
Matthew 10:28
2nd Peter 2 (whole chapter)

I would be remiss if I did not point out the following

John 3:16
John 14:6
Romans 6:23