Smaller chainring bolts

If you make them for 8-32, I would like to see them with a .250 OD on the shaft and a .312 Dia on the collar, that way the collar is the same as a 8-32 head and there is plenty meat in the barrel.

I'd be down for some like that! :)

I'll add an 8-32 version to the job list. I don't know if he has the material for that. We did talk about that size and that it needed to match the 8-32 standard button head size. We didn't want a different size on each side.

I said .375" heads because I thought Travis would be making both the male and female parts. Other than that, I'd go with .312".

I said .375" heads because I thought Travis would be making both the male and female parts. Other than that, I'd go with .312".

we are planning to use off the shelf button head screws for the male side. These will be plain stainless finish. Depending on how well they go, I'll see about getting some chem'd to black oxide finish. We are also looking at creating some fancier male side fasteners but we need to get these done first.

Great job guys, I love it when people work together to solve a problem:)

I'm down for the 8-32 ones and the 6-32's.

are they done yet?

Instant gratification....:cursing: knife makers!:lol: They are being setup as we speak. As for the larger one I will make them .312 OD x .250 barrel x .500 OAL with a .062 wide head and a .062 wide x .03 deep slot. And they will go in right behind the smaller one. Will try for this week on the larger but might not happen till next.

Travis,

We are probably going to get half of this run (both sizes) to a plater and have them black oxide coated. That will take a few weeks on the black ones but the bright ones are getting done this week...

These will come with a 1/4" BH screw.

We are kicking around doing some custom male side fasteners...any suggestion?

We are probably going to get half of this run (both sizes) to a plater and have them black oxide coated. That will take a few weeks on the black ones but the bright ones are getting done this week...

These will come with a 1/4" BH screw.

We are kicking around doing some custom male side fasteners...any suggestion?
I don’t know if it would be worth the time to make custom one since there are so many 8-32 and 6-32 screws available. I personally would be much happier to purchase just the female side since I have a bunch of the males anyhow I can’t speak for everyone else though.

this project bubbled to the top (of a long) list..the 416 versions will be done this week. We are having trouble finding a plater that will chem black oxide stainless. If we can't find some one that will do it reasonably (minimums here can be crazy) we will make a run in 4140 (or similar) material that can be hardened and have that black oxide coated.

For now, these will include a BH screw. We are looking at an option with a hollow hex head male screw but that requires a new broaching tool and those cost serious ching. We'll see how that goes. There are other options also.

But...we should have at least both sizes in stainless here and listed early next week.

Back