Shop Music Thread- what are you listening to today?

Here's an instrumental acoustic piece to leave one in awe. Three of the best guitar players on the planet at the time. Paco has passed (RIP). John is retired. Al, well, he's still from Jersey. :) The song is Al's. Originally from Elegant Gypsy.
Shredding on acoustic; hope you folks enjoy.

Here's an instrumental acoustic piece to leave one in awe. Three of the best guitar players on the planet at the time. Paco has passed (RIP). John is retired. Al, well, he's still from Jersey. :) The song is Al's. Originally from Elegant Gypsy.
Shredding on acoustic; hope you folks enjoy.

Al Di Meola has always been one of my favorite blues guitarists. He does a mean Flamenco too.

Love it....the Jersey guy shows up in a long sleeved T-shirt.....lol!

Perhaps I'm too much of an ol' rocker....but I do prefer the sound of that acoustic over the two classical s....

Love it....the Jersey guy shows up in a long sleeved T-shirt.....lol!

Perhaps I'm too much of an ol' rocker....but I do prefer the sound of that acoustic over the two classical s....

Yeap, you can take the boy out of Jersey...

I agree about the sound. I think they still have a hard time today recording nylon-strung guitars from the concert stage. They always seem to sound like doo without the stay-in-the-studio mics used in studio albums.

I think it'll be a little singer/songwriter music for today's hand sanding session. This is James McMurtry, a live version of a song off his second album. I go back to his first two albums mostly. Maybe dig out some Bruce Cockburn later.

That is a SWEET tune...!!

Singer-songwriters, you say? Those first two McMurtry albums were great. Also liked, "We Can't Make It Here." Poignant. Describes this post-industrial metamorphosis my hometown has undergone. Anyway, another guy who can sing and write a little:

Ohhhhh yeah! Not my favorite voice in the world. A little round with no edge to it in my opinion but the instruments are freaking amazing.

Last edited:
Back