Rawhide for a D Lisch hunter, and an annoucement

John M Cohea

Here is a sheath for a large Dave Lisch hunter, and you can see the construction of this sheath in my first instructional video,"Basic Rawhide Sheath Construction", due for release hopefully by early spring!
I'm working with my friend and fellow knifemaker Chris Crawford on this project. The video has been shot, now it is in the editing phase.I will keep you posted!
DSC03488.jpg

DSC03490.jpg

DSC03491.jpg

Wow John, that's sweet. Please put me on your list for the video. I can't wait for it to come out. Keep us posted.

Pat

Tagged so I can get the details on the video.

Another very nice sheath John. Thanks for sharing.

SDS

I like the knife, and if I was into muzzle loading the sheath would be perfect.
Great job.

Nice job John..
I don't want a video. I just want you to come out to my place and give me lessons in person!! :) :)

Thanks guys! Here's a short intro clip Chris posted on YouTube.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD9ynFnY4D4"]YouTube- Basic Rawhide Sheath Construction - Title Sequence[/ame]

Last edited:
Just wanted to let everyone know the video is out, and there is a thread in the for sale section with details!

John, my friend---I received the video and am very impressed with the quality displayed in its production. I am even more impressed with the tutorial showing the progression in making the sheath. I have rarely worked with rawhide so this was all new to me. Thanks again. I hope to see you in Atlanta in four weeks. I will be with Paul Long so we can probably compare notes on our passion------Sandy

Thanks seved, and thank you too Sandy! Glad you enjoyed the video.I would love to catch up with ya'll at Blade, but sadly I won't be able to make it, as I will be on the boat at work.

Back