Pin press

OK Boss, so these will be for sale next week, right?

yes...send a million dollars right away, I expect them to move quickly and a million gets you the first off the line...gold plated and hand delivered..

Hey Keith,

I just started using one to set the pins on my bolsters. I tried and tried peening them but this gives me better control and is faster. But...care must be taken. On my first set of bolsters I tapered my holes but I left too much pin sticking out and the pin press made everything too easy. I just kept smashing the pins over and over until I split a bolster. Oops. Another lession learned.

Thanks Kevin,I am going to build me one..I will use it for bolsters,but I am going to make some smaller dies
and attempt to peen the pins on my slipjoints ...that I am also attempting...well we'll see what happens???
Thanks

God bless

Keith,
I put threaded studs in the top and bottom bars and then threaded the anvils before I heat treated them. I just bought a piece of 1 inch round A2 to make them from. I have tried various shapes and find that a very slight concave surface slightly larger in diameter than the pin works best. If you pre-shape bolsters as I do, then too large a diameter and you wil press dents into the bolster because of the curved surface and the overhang. It really does work well once you get past the learning curve.
Randy

Back