Pattern/template

opaul

I may try a folder shortly. Any of you guys have a template or recommend a place where I can get plans to try this phase of knife building?
Thanks!

MTBob

I may try a folder shortly. Any of you guys have a template or recommend a place where I can get plans to try this phase of knife building?
Thanks!
I'm about in the same position, slipjoints / folders are my next mountains to climb.
If you didn't see this posting a few days ago, it has a number of references for slipjoints, including Don Robinson's book. https://knifedogs.com/threads/new-to-folders-slip-joint-template-resource.49674/ That posting and Don's book seem to be excellent sources of slipjoint construction. I also purchased Steve Culver's book "Slip-Joint Folder Design and Building". It kinda overlaps with Don's book, but also seems like good information.
I'll be anxious to see your work as it progresses.

Chris Railey

KNIFE MAKER
Probably non-locking to begin with but depends on level of complexity.?
Friction folders are about as easy as a folding knife gets. If you want to start there I posted a rough how to on those a couple of years ago. I still make them from time to time because I like them.

Gliden07

I bought a cheap friction folder on Amazon to copy. I actually wasn't expecting much for around $13, I liked it so much I never took it apart and made a molded sheath for it! I carry it most days!! LOL!!