One that I finished on 8/17/10

ArtinNC

It is a full tang clip point.
OAL is 9 3/4" and 4 3/4 from point to plung, bolsters are dove tailed and tapered tang and black spacers all around the walnut crotch wood handle.
Thanks for looking and ALL comments Good or bad and your likes and dislikes. Art

100_1486.jpg

100_1487.jpg

100_1489.jpg

100_1475.jpg

Very, very nice Art! I think you have a winner for sure with that blade shape and overall profile. Very classy. This time, however, you nailed it. The tapered tang was the final missing detail for me on those knives. I was wondering when we'd see that. Well done.

John

Art for the life of me I do not understand how you've kind of flown under the radar with all the exceptional clean work you have posted on this forum. Have you just not tried to get in the limelight. EVERYTHING you have done has been so clean to me. I just don't understand why you aren more well known.

GEEEEEEE thanks Mike,
I just have allway been able to sell every thing I make and never pushed it, and I really don't take orders now. Because I like to make what I like and like what I make. And at 70 year old I have some other things to do before I die. At one time I was in the Knifemakers Guild but I'v allways wanted to stay kinda under the radar.

Great looking work Art. I like your atitude about your work. As long as you are happy with what you do and how you do it, that's all that matters.

That is wood I got from Woodstabilizer.

And thanks for all the comments. Art

Last edited:
I think I would've put the jimping closer to the handle, but without handling it I dunno. Still a good lookin knife, looks like a good user.

Man I am speechless. The first words that came to my mind when I saw your knife was "Holy Crap that is beautiful!" That is a goal I hope to reach one day when I get going in knife making.

The sheath I made for this knife today. I talked the guy buying this knife out of a black sheath, and so it was to be dark brown. But it is about as black as you can get it. I may have to make another sheath.
100_1556.jpg

PS: thanks for all the above commnets.

Back