Official KnifeDogs Summer 2014 KITH PHOTO Thread!

No more updates? How's about a very cool one then.

My KITH sender has dropped off the planet apparently. We've messaged, emailed, Facebook stalked...and have had no contact since his last login on 7/16. In all seriousness, I think something may have happened to him because there is no recent activity on his Facebook page and I didn't get a "shady" vibe from him in his forum posts, he makes really nice knives in fact. So after waiting for a month, we called it a bust and Mr. Mark Redmon stepped up and sent me a knife to make up for the mishap.

10402789_10204507868160852_8518163705969203470_n.jpg

A very nice piece Mark, it arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait to get home to open it up! Fits my hand perfectly and should be a great user. 440C with cocobolo scales and dovetailed micarta bolsters. Great handmade sheath paired with it that locks the knife in using the dip before the palm swell. It came stupid sharp (what sharpening method do you use?).

I just want to say thank you, again, sir for taking care of this and filling the gap in the process. Things happen and I sincerely hope that something didn't happen to Duncan or his family. I look forward to our KITH next year.

Maybe a themed KITH this time?

Thanks for the kind words! To answer your question about the sharpening, I used my Wicked Edge for that one.

Let's hope these little hiccups are behind us as we look to next year. Obviously, we need to rethink some things in order to try to eliminate some of the issues and delays that we had this time. I'll post a thread in a few months with some ideas, and hopefully get some feedback.

This is the Knife for Mr. GrizzlyKnives built by me and shipped today. Grizz, I hope it will serve you well. It is ATS-34 HT to 59Rc, ironwood scales, 3.75 long blade and 8.5 OAL. The design is patterned after the Canadian Hunter design made popular be Grohman and called the belt knife.
IMG_6073.jpgIMG_6066.jpg

This knife is for Mr. Mark Redmon, built by me and shipped today as well. I want to publicly apologize for dropping off the map, forcing Mark to step up for me. Thank you Mark, I hope you will enjoy this knife. It is much like to one for Grizzly, but has Kirinite scales and 303 SS bolsters. Thank you Mark for doing the KITH and making it work for everyone. Sincerely, Duncan
IMG_6040.jpgIMG_6044.jpg

I received Scott's keen little cutter last week, I am sure it will prove very helpful in the kitchen. Thank you Scott!

Duncan

I received my knife from Duncan yesterday. It's a really nice design and appears to be very well made. This is the first time I've seen kirinite in person, and was surprised by how light it felt. It looks great though. The sheath is also very high quality. Thanks for the knife, Duncan!
Duncan.jpg

Forgot to post this the other day. Here is my knife from Duncan as well. This thing is a laser...super thin, scary sharp edge, and so comfortable to hold. Thanks again my friend.

10476582_10204762808774208_3061049323422571760_o.jpg

You are welcome! I was lucky enough to use the one I made for myself on a nice Yukon moose last week, I am sure you will like it!

Duncan

Back