Newbie from Cali.

Hi. I'm new to the forum. I've made a handful of fixed blade hunting knives before I decided to make the most of my time and get some better tools. (not that it can't be done with the minimal equip). I made all the knives completely by hand by draw filing them and hand sanding etc. Now I almost have my home made no weld grinder done. Actually its got some weld on it but whatever. Looks like ALOT good info on this board. Hopefully I will be able to share some of my future projects.

Any one have any recommendations on a good general knife making book? I have $50. knife shop and was thinking of the next book by Wayne Goddard. Any one know how that book goes?

See ya around.

Welcome sir.
A good folder book is by Terzoula if you can find one. As far as straight knives , I'll check at home as far as what I have and will try to get back to you. Also you can look thru the forum and they have some nice videos .
JZ

Welcome Dean. "How To Make Knives" by Barney and Loveless is a pretty good book but I think you can find a wealth of information right here or on the internet. There are some really good tutorials on YouTube, also. If you have a question don't hesitate to ask it here - this forum is full of good talented people who are more than willing to help.

Thanks for the awesome welcome everyone. Denny: Thanks for the book recommendation, I think I will give it a try.

Also thanks to Zemknives for the recommendations, hopefully I will take a stab at a folder sometime soon.

Last edited:
Back