New Tomahawk

SCALPHUNTER

This is a photo of my new Tomahawk, prior to being "dressed" up. "Wa'do ugi'na'li" (Thank you my friends).

Attachments

• pic110.jpg
    pic110.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Thanks Randy, Shortly I'll be "antiquing" the head, adding brass tacks down the handle, and a beaded and fringed "drop" at the end of the haft.

Last edited:
Please post images when you finish the embellishments. I like to use brass wire in sheath making, I think it gives a very cool look. Very stellar piece!

I agree, I can't wait till you get it dressed properly.Dave2thumbs

Okay guys, here is the final result after "dressing" up the hawk by "antiquing" the head, running brass tacks down the length of the handle, and adding a fringed, buckskin beaded "drop" at the end of the haft. Thanks.

Attachments

• pic121.jpg
    pic121.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 68
  • pic122.jpg
    pic122.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
That one was realy great Scalphunter. It looks great. Very nice wood in the handle, and nice finish. I realy like the brass tacks to and the beadwork. Who made the hawk.
I must have one made for me, by my axemaking friend. Its 10 out of 10 thumbs my friend.

Seved

That one was realy great Scalphunter. It looks great. Very nice wood in the handle, and nice finish. I realy like the brass tacks to and the beadwork. Who made the hawk.
I must have one made for me, by my axemaking friend. Its 10 out of 10 thumbs my friend.

Seved

Thanks guys. The hawk and handle were made by Loren Hughes, of Kings Forge.

Last edited:
That looks great. Took an already sweet hawk and made it better.Dave2thumbs

Back