New knife maker from Arkansas.

Hello all! I've been a chef for fifteen years and a Japanese martial artist for almost as long. My brother and I are trying our hand at making a blade that I suppose would fall under the neo tribal niche. I've held a knife for quite sometime and have always felt as though it belongs there! Ill soon be making a forge to finish the work. I've had to go at this in stages because of all the start up cost of forging. Im having a blast doing this and am enjoying practicing a new trade. As I said before, it's nice to meet you all and I apologize in advance for all the noob questions I'll be asking in the future.

Welcome to the pack! Also, we have the Central Arkansas Knifemaker's Group which meets the last Thursday of each month in Maumelle. You are more than welcome to join us for fellowship, show and tell, and hands on classes. I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

Welcome to KD . lots of good makers in arkansas . We are glad to have you with us ... Bubba-san

if you dont mind the drive to dequeen uncle als has a nice club theres a meeting there every 2# thursday if your intrested.

if you dont mind the drive to dequeen uncle als has a nice club theres a meeting there every 2# thursday if your intrested.

That's a very nice invitation. Hopefully I'll have enough time off work soon so that I can come visit the shop. So far everybody I've met on this website has been extremely helpful and very nice.

Wow there are really a lot of knife makers here in Arkansas !

It's been a long time since I've looked at the American Bladesmith Society list of Journeyman and Master rated Smiths, but I believe there are still more ABS rated smiths from Arkansas than any other state. Then, if you take into account the number of non-ABS affiliated smiths and makers you'll find there are several hundred makers of various levels. Some are very famous and accomplished makers and many are members here on KD.

Welcome Samurai Chef. Always glad to see another knifemaker from Arkansas. I hail from Uniontown north of Fort Smith. Glad to have you.

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. I'm certainly. new at this, but I know knives , and this is something I've ALWAYS wanted to pursue.

Both the meeting at Uncle Al's and the one in central Ar are worth going to. I try to make to as many of the ones in Central AR as I can. Welcome to Knife Dogs!

Back