My First Shop

Gee Murph. That might work where you live but in Jersey they would call that a freezer! I would have to insulate and then, of course the town would want a foundation so they could collect permit fees and increase my taxes. And then there is the question of fire suppression which will need a back-flow device on it that will need an inspection on a yearly basis.$$$$$$$$

CONGRATS MURPH!!!!!

Aldo

First Blade Ground In The New Shop

Well, I ground my first blade in the new shop today. I actually started three of the same pattern, but one blade had a bow to it and I over ground another. My intent was to save the bowed blade as a pattern, but as soon as I get a chance to straighten it I will and use the over ground blade as a pattern in the future.

This blade is hollow chisel ground from 1/8" 1095 with an OAL of approximately 5.75". My intent is for this to be a neck,utility knife. When complete, it will have black linen micarta handle scales and ss tubing with a dual carry option (neck, Molle-Lok) Kydex sheath. I'm not real pleased with the placement of my holes. I'm thinking that I may change the placement by just using ss pins as opposed to tubing. Then again, I may just wait to correct it on the next one.

Here is the pic.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Necker.JPG
    Necker.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 33
Nice shop. must be nice to have some space to work in. The blade looks great....keep the Pictures coming....2thumbs

Well, I ground my first blade in the new shop today. I actually started three of the same pattern, but one blade had a bow to it and I over ground another. My intent was to save the bowed blade as a pattern, but as soon as I get a chance to straighten it I will and use the over ground blade as a pattern in the future.

This blade is hollow chisel ground from 1/8" 1095 with an OAL of approximately 5.75". My intent is for this to be a neck,utility knife. When complete, it will have black linen micarta handle scales and ss tubing with a dual carry option (neck, Molle-Lok) Kydex sheath. I'm not real pleased with the placement of my holes. I'm thinking that I may change the placement by just using ss pins as opposed to tubing. Then again, I may just wait to correct it on the next one.

Here is the pic.

attachment.php
From the looks of your work, I don't think you have to worry about your shop making it, murph. 2thumbs
Nice shop and nice start, fella!

Like Aldo said, I would insulate your shop. I would do that before getting everything moved in, if possible.

Thanks for the advice guys, but I don't think I'll be spending money to insulate the storage unit. I'm over budget as it is.

Back