My First Shop

Aldo

Gee Murph. That might work where you live but in Jersey they would call that a freezer! I would have to insulate and then, of course the town would want a foundation so they could collect permit fees and increase my taxes. And then there is the question of fire suppression which will need a back-flow device on it that will need an inspection on a yearly basis.$$$$$$$$

CONGRATS MURPH!!!!!

Aldo

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
First Blade Ground In The New Shop

Well, I ground my first blade in the new shop today. I actually started three of the same pattern, but one blade had a bow to it and I over ground another. My intent was to save the bowed blade as a pattern, but as soon as I get a chance to straighten it I will and use the over ground blade as a pattern in the future.

This blade is hollow chisel ground from 1/8" 1095 with an OAL of approximately 5.75". My intent is for this to be a neck,utility knife. When complete, it will have black linen micarta handle scales and ss tubing with a dual carry option (neck, Molle-Lok) Kydex sheath. I'm not real pleased with the placement of my holes. I'm thinking that I may change the placement by just using ss pins as opposed to tubing. Then again, I may just wait to correct it on the next one.

Here is the pic.

Attachments

Jeff Pearce

KNIFE MAKER
Nice shop. must be nice to have some space to work in. The blade looks great....keep the Pictures coming....2thumbs

John Andrews

Well, I ground my first blade in the new shop today. I actually started three of the same pattern, but one blade had a bow to it and I over ground another. My intent was to save the bowed blade as a pattern, but as soon as I get a chance to straighten it I will and use the over ground blade as a pattern in the future.

This blade is hollow chisel ground from 1/8" 1095 with an OAL of approximately 5.75". My intent is for this to be a neck,utility knife. When complete, it will have black linen micarta handle scales and ss tubing with a dual carry option (neck, Molle-Lok) Kydex sheath. I'm not real pleased with the placement of my holes. I'm thinking that I may change the placement by just using ss pins as opposed to tubing. Then again, I may just wait to correct it on the next one.

Here is the pic.

From the looks of your work, I don't think you have to worry about your shop making it, murph. 2thumbs
Nice shop and nice start, fella!

Like Aldo said, I would insulate your shop. I would do that before getting everything moved in, if possible.

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
Thanks for the advice guys, but I don't think I'll be spending money to insulate the storage unit. I'm over budget as it is.