MikeL and KITH WIP

Your handle scales if you position it right you could do one knife each with one side of that scale.

Good input. I’ll give that some study. I do like to have the grain match on left and right scale (book match). However some grain patterns you can’t tell and so the effort is wasted. I’ll check it out. Thanks.

As mentioned, my brother does my sheaths. Here are a couple WIP pictures of his first prototype. We are not sure if this is what the final product will be. He will build this out and carry it around a little to see if he is satisfied.
488A9931-9320-4BF2-A42D-D5EB66C61393.jpeg0AEA634A-00D9-4E67-B80F-CB61A763FF66.jpeg

I like it (I agree with gruff on the skulls but I know thats not the point here). The one I have in mind is a bit different. I will post pictures once I get a mock up built. I do really like the pocket clip idea too. That makes it easily concealed as an inside the waist band sheath too.

Honest input is definitely welcomed! I don’t disagree with input on the skull stamp. I honestly don’t think it’s his thing either. It seems to be popular and so he incorporates it sometimes. The design is the primary goal. He has pondered over a few. I suspect he will make one of the other designs as well and see which suits a pocket carry best.

... breaking news... bro just told me the final product won’t have stamping (as of now). He is going for the ‘ luxury Italian wallet feel’ which requires a smooth , no stamp finish.

I’ve decided one of the knives will get red morrel burl with black g10 liner. I’m considering using crosscut carbon fiber for the other blade. Second picture is the morrel with some epoxy on it. Third picture, just had to add it, is our first and only grandchild we visited this past weekend in Nashville. She is also a WIP on the way to an outstanding adult.

E68BFE77-AEFF-46BE-A1E2-403DCF39DD2D.jpegC20EC45C-465B-4594-8FF2-7DF02DCEF710.jpeg
88FE0386-BEAD-46E8-82D9-501EA1F59DB6.jpeg

Back