Look What I got from the 1st annaul KD's MITH

Hey guys,

Got my package from Steven Janik this weekend. Wow!

Got a couple of big old slabs of purple heart scale stock...which is one of my all time favorites, but that I haven't gotten around to trying yet. And a couple more big slabs of Tiger wood scale stock...which is one that I saw used on a recurve bow once and have wanted to try ever since. COOL!

Steve even included one of the same kind of beautiful scabbards made by Robert Jones that he uses for his knives. Has cool tooling and what looks like boa snake skin inlay. I'm thinking maybe Tiger wood scales on the knife to fit a scabbard with snake skin would be cool. Sounds good, right?

But the coolest thing in the box was a Warthog tusk from an animal that Steve harvested on a safari himself. Man...that is just plain cool.

I'm a traditional bow and black powder hunter almost exclusively myself and this really struck a cord with me. First thing I thought was either a personal quiver knife or maybe a patch knife for my old 54 cal TC Renegade would be perfect. But I'm going to have to think about this one some. This thing is to cool to waste.

Thanks Steve! Really appreciate the thought.

MITH.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine from Mr Trimble/ TexasDiver.
Some lovely Ziricote' scales sets, (im a huge fan of this wood) Mahogany set,jigged bone set,and size #30 bits, very cool, thank you sir.

I got my package from Polar Bear Forge....thanks for sending the files and handle materials (just what I asked for)

J A: I'll get your package out this weekend. Sorry, have to wait til payday!!!!

Got my package from JDB today and wow there was a lot of stuff. Eastern walnut in slabs and blocks ,Gabon Ebony scales, Osagee Orange Scales,Eucalyptus scales,some brassm,T6 and some 416 pin stock.
Thanks a lot JD.
This was a great experience and can't wait for the next one
Thanks go out to Ernie for doing this.

My box from Marcel arrived today and it was heavy...

Here's what it had in it;

Some Horn, Brass Rods, Lots of wood; Kauki, Hedge, Walnut, assorted others, some Dymond wood and enough Purple Heart to build a bird house.

Thanks Marcel

and thanks to Ernie for organizing this.

Last edited:
Jeff,
I would post pictures if I could but my 10 year old grandson has my camera on a school trip trying to photograph Bald Eagles

Jeff,
I would post pictures if I could but my 10 year old grandson has my camera on a school trip trying to photograph Bald Eagles

...... so the 10 year old on a nature trip won out over your sworn duty to keep fellow dogs informed?

Where are your priorities dawg?

:p:p:p

My box from Marcel arrived today and it was heavy...

Here's what it had in it;

Some Horn, Brass Rods, Lots of wood; Kauki, Hedge, Walnut, assorted others, some Dymond wood and enough Purple Heart to build a bird house.

Thanks Marcel

and thanks to Ernie for organizing this.

Purple heart for Purple martins! :D

Man O Man! You guys are going all out on supplies. I need to get in on this next time. I thought you were just going to swap a handle block or two. This is amazing! Christmas in February.

I hope Bruce gets me in the next one:D

It was a great experience. And another way to unload doubles and triples and someone get a use out of them.

I think the best part was filling the box and tossing in a couple items they would never expect.

I look forward to the next one for sure!

Yeah...I'm trying to post pics but my photo bucket account is locked up. Got a support request in to um now. Dang it!

I got my box from Sean Cochran today. Stabilized kiawe, purple heart, antler,L6 steel, micarta, all great stuff. I probably forgot something.
This was a lot of fun.
Thanks, Chad

Has everyone sent out their boxes I still havnt recieved anything but look forward to it.

WOW!! look at this, received from RAGUEL3 today. Thank you Mr. Byrd I will put all of this to use, with the exception of the band-aids, I hope:D

RAGUEL3 package has it all, party supplies:
Mardi Gras beads, party mix,and some fun stuff for the kids.
Safety supplies:
Two pair of gloves, and safety glasses, I have only one eye left, so can't have a enough of them.
Knife supplies:
Big slab of G11 3/4"x at least 12"x12"
Brass sheet
Nickel sliver for bolster or guard
Two pieces of Damascus
chunk of 5160
Automatic center punch
Diamond bur set
Steel-wool, lots of sand paper, pin stock, acid brushes
Big piece of leather
A big bag of Italian stiletto automatic kit, enough for three or four or more
A bag of misc. fasteners