Look What I got from the 1st annaul KD's MITH

Hey Guys , I got a great box today from Bill Coye ! Thanks Bill !! I'll get a picture as soon as I can . Need my wife to do it , I still have trouble sending emails , let alone downloading pictures . A bit of a tecno-clutz still... But I got 3 nice blocks of Buckeye burl , Snakewood , Carbon fiber scales , Nice light green Micarta sheet , and 4 brass , 4 nickel(?) Corby bolts . Great box ! Thanks to you too Ernie . Thanks , Bill T

Got my box from petie and all i gotta say is petie rocks.!~!
Got a nice mix of stuff. O-1,stainless,wood and brass and bronze and micarta,,,way bigger than the standard flat rate box bud.
Thank you very much Pete.
100_8404.jpg

this looks like it is going well... I've never seen one of these before..cool.

Wow there have been some awesome packages recieved so far....

this looks like it is going well... I've never seen one of these before..cool.

Me neither, I got the idea because when I first posted on another forum, just asking questions another maker sent me a box of scales and a piece of ats-34.
The steel is being used for my WIP, I have also heard of other makers sending guys a little something to get started, so ...................

I thought we could have a little fun by just sharing the things we use, maybe someone else could use it. I figures it could be fun to exchange and build knives from other makers material!!!!

Hey Guys , I got a great box today from Bill Coye ! Thanks Bill !! I'll get a picture as soon as I can . Need my wife to do it , I still have trouble sending emails , let alone downloading pictures . A bit of a tecno-clutz still... But I got 3 nice blocks of Buckeye burl , Snakewood , Carbon fiber scales , Nice light green Micarta sheet , and 4 brass , 4 nickel(?) Corby bolts . Great box ! Thanks to you too Ernie . Thanks , Bill T

Right on! Glad it made it safely.

BC

Holy moses,

Just got my box in the mail today from jrrobertsjr. He put some thought into this package and it will help a newb out big time.

List of the goods:

Big ol chunk of Jims G-11, thing is massive:D

Some really nice grips Johhny put together for me out of some green dyed burl of sorts and maybe walnut bolster's? All I know is they are going to look great on the knife they go on!!

Some white Micarta scales....AWESOME

Some Diamondwood scales2thumbs

Dyed green Camel bone scales2thumbs

Nice big ol piece of thick Kydex2thumbs

Some super thick red liner material2thumbs

Spacer material2thumbs

And an awesome Loctite 20251 kit. I have been wanting to try this stuff since the Gorilla Super glue offers no play time. I cant wait to put this to use.
AMITHBox001.jpg

AMITHBox002.jpg

Johhny my bro...you done good and cant thank you enough brother.

I will get some pics hopefully this weekend if I get some shop time. Expecting ice and about 10" snow:eek:

Ernie, thanks for putting this together bud. We must do this again. KD rocks!!!

Chris

Last edited:
I couldn't believe all the stuff that came in my box. Bill T. really over did it. very nice box of supplies. thank's very much....
1 red liner
1 blue liner
3 1/8" pin stock nickle siler, brass, copper
2 gaboon ebony scales
1 macassor ebony scales
1 ziricote scales
1 snakewood scales
1 green maple block
1 mammoth ivory scales
1 stag round

00023_0011416_x_1064.jpg

I received my package from Darrin,today and I couldn't be happier
Not only did he send a boat load of wood but I also got a s#!t ton of emery cloth!
MITH002.jpg
[/IMG]
Thanks brother 2thumbs

I got my package from BearPaw yesterday. There is so much great stuff:

2 pcs of W2 with instructions
A piece of O1
4 pcs of 416 SS-flat & rod
Big Chunk of 440 C
2 pcs of Vasco Wear?
Pc of 303 SS
Sambar Stag Slabs
Canvas Micarta
Walnut Packawood Round
Rosewood Packawood
Tiger Rosewood
Lace Wood
Stabilized Birdseye Maple Slabs
2 Pistacio Wood Slabs
Desert Ironwood Slabs and last but not least....
Brazilian Rosewood(30 yr dry)- Block, Round and Slabs

Wow. I have truly been blessed with all this wonderful material!

Thank you so much David, that was way more than I hoped for.

Pat

Attachments

• mith 001.jpg
    mith 001.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 85
Patrick,
I'm glad you like the stuff.
I noticed that you had a ? next to the Vasco Wear. It is a very good blade steel. A little hard on belts but makes a excepional blade.Texas Knife will heat treat it.
I hope you get some use out of the package

So far these are the only people That I have not gotten down as Shipped or shipping........

howiesatwork
polarbearforge
Semper708
RAGUEL3
Marcel J. B. Morin
timekeeper
Zanderman
Dacks
NJStricker
JAWilliams

If you did post or pm me I am sorry I misses it somehow!!

Please let me know the status on your package!!

I shipped mine on Monday.......should be arriving today or tomorrow.

Thanks Gahagan I got a package today that had some awesome Carbon fiber, black Micarta, and a block of mystery wood? I cant wait to try the new materials

Wow, When I got the idea for this I never thought I would be getting soooooo much!!

I really need to send a huge THANK YOU to DC Knives 2thumbs

Here is a list and a pic of what I received:
Leopard wood
Zebrawood
Purple Heart
Wenge
2 Wavy Maple
Black Palm
3 Cocobolo
Honduran Rosewood
Redwood Burl
Long piece of G11
Big piece of Micarta

3 big pieces of leather

black unknown leather?? I think snake
Unknown Leather?? I again think snake
Red Frog leather
Tambaqui Leather

Leather edge beveler
25ft black waxed thread
needles
1 tooling stamp
12x12 tan kydex
12x12 black kydex

Chunk of 1095
chunk of brass

I must say wow, I am in total disbelief with all the stuff I got. I can now work on my sheath right away and I already have a plan for the brass, 1095, and redwood burl!!(small game knife)

Thank you so much Dave!!!

003-6.jpg

I got my package from Jeff Peirce. He sent me some nice looking jade, and red/blue micarta scales. He also sent me some mystery wood that looks very nice. Last but not least he sent me one of the coolest lanyards i have seen, and it has a dog instead of a skull which is cool.Thanks Jeff!

I received my package yesterday and was like a kid on Christmas morning. NJStricker sent a box full of nice handle material and included an interesting history with it. Thanks Nathan. 2thumbs

Craig

Back