Kydex with a welt

I use an awl-point in my drill press to make all my holes for hand-stitching. Seems like if I let that thing spin slowly, it would bore right throught the kydex. OR I could use a tiny drill bit. I'm not above either option. :)

Pipe-dream really. At least until I finish another knife that is getting leather pants...

Well guys Janik just dropped it off to me, And i can tell you it looks and feels better then the pics. The height on handle is not as high as it looks , and fits great. The welt looks really cool,and gives it a little pop to it. Great sheath Janik thanks for making it.

Janik,Sonny Told me to tell you he loved the sheath that it went great with the knife,he could not be happier with the combo. wish i got a better pic maybe next time.

Attachments

• 100_3021.jpg
    100_3021.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 24
This welt thing is pretty cool and I think will open up a lot of new creativity in Kydex sheath designs. Nice.

I think all sheaths need a welt, and some guy named BossDog also suggested g10 or wood in Kydex or leather.

My next will be carbon fiber welt in Kydex.

RuJo, you have my unequivicable permission to pilfer all my ideas, just post the pics.

Steve

Great looking sheath! Just watch out for CF on the welt it will dull your edge like crazy. I am sure you can work out clearance, just a thought. Can't wait to see the next one.

Eric

Good call, Eric!
But the CF I would use would just be CF printed concealex, most likely.

thanks for looking,
Steve

Back