Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iron Wolf - Tac-Muk

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Iron Wolf - Pack Rat

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Steve Janik

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
While we are polling, I would like to ask for ideas for a catchier title for our effort. Any wordsmiths out there? There is some discussion about a sub-forum for this cause and I think it deserves a name that rolls off the tongue a little better than the one I came up with.

Hay Murph, If the blade blanks, macarta and corbies are furnished . Put me down to build 5 completed knives. No sheaths.
Jerry
Now should I stamp my name on them?

Jerry, we want all makers to mark the blades they grind with thier mark. We may be getting another mark to add as well. If you want to make five, I'll make the sheaths for you.

Guys, I have a bar of A-2 that is 3/16" x 7" x 36" from Aldo sitting here ready to cut. Lets go! Thanks Aldo!!!

That's a good one Denny.

Dave, I spoke with Aldo a few nights ago. He has two more on standby if we need them.

Great designs from all of you! Was hard to choose from my final 2......for my vote. ;) Good Luck to All!

I don't know about you Dogs , but I'm excited !!! To me , this is the coolest thing that's happened here in a while ! I hope it does do well enough to get it's own forum and become an ongoing thing . For as long as I'm a Dog , I'm in on this .

Hey Mrs. Murph , Thanks for taking the time to vote and be an active member ! My Wife usually just reads posts over my shoulder , if I'm not reading them out loud to myself ! hmmmm , I wonder who she voted for ..... ?

Honestly Bill, I think the fact that I'm the one who put the ring on her finger may have been the feather that swayed the vote. She really liked a couple of them. She has developed a really good eye for knives over the past couple of years and critiques me harder than anyone else ever would. She's one mechanic who is extremely attentive to small details.

Well , It appears we have an undeclared winner . Are we waiting for the bugle to blow , cause I hear it . And it's playing Reveille...

Bill, "Reveille" was at 0600. I was at "Present Arms".

I'll get a list for the build going when I get home from the training lanes this evening.

Last edited:
On the list of things we have donations for , I noticed what we don't have . And that is a set of Pins/Rivets and the Lanyard tube .
I see that Boss is donating the Micarta , so I have an offer for him .​
If he will include the pins/rivets and lanyard tube for each set of scales , well , I'll pay for them . I don't care if this first batch is for 20 knives or 100 , I got this .​
I know it means a little more work , cutting the tube and pins , if we don't use rivets . That being said , I know rivets cost more , but I think that's what we should use on a hard duty knife .​
Boss let me know what you think .​
Oh yeah , And it's Dave's Birthday too . Happy Birthday to you Dave , you're a great guy , to do all you do for us .​
Bill​

Thank you, Bill! I don't want to change the way you're thinking there, but Whiteeugene did offer to donate some tubing and corbys along with micarta scales. I will be more specific about that in the list. Since we don't know how many blades or makers we are going to have yet, there is no way to tell much hardware will be needed so everything is pretty much open-ended at this point, and your offer is appreciated and accepted in any case. We just don't know what we need yet.

Edit-happy birthday Dave-

Last edited:
That's cool Justin , Just trying to keep the momentum going . If others want to donate rivets , tubing or funds to help out , that's great too !!

In all reality I know I can find time to knock one off , and will provide my own hardware and scales. I have enough stuff kickin around here anyway.
I figure the less things get bounced around in the mail, the quicker and cheaper this can happen.

That's a grand offer Bill, good on you.

Rudy

Back