KnifeDogs: help others out a little...or join in..

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
We need some help dogs....

1. We (KnifeDogs Forum) are sponsoring another Veteran's hunt at the Travis Brush Ranch this coming fall. Please consider building or donating a knife to fund raising raffle we will kick off this spring. I am jumping out ahead on this for Steve Janik who is the American Valor volunteer representative for this. He has been busy with work. This fall's hunt will be filmed and shown on one of the hunting shows later in the year so you will (hopefully) get to see the sponsored vet and the hunt. Janik and I will both bet here to help out or just get in the way anyway we can.

We will take anything you want to donate for fund raiser: cash (hah!) custom or production knives, other stuff. We had an amazing raffle last year. Let's repeat.

Donations are easy. Send them to us at USAKnifemaker.com (address is on the site) and we will take care of the rest.

We had a great hunt with Veteran Mike Mendoza and his son Seth. They didn't get their deer on the first trip but Travis at the Brush Ranch had them both back and both Seth and Mike took their deer.

2. Knife in the Hat:
If you haven't been in a KITH, consider getting in. There is no minimum or maximum skill level.
http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php...Knife-in-the-Hat-(KITH)-Thread&highlight=kith

Last edited:
Well boss you guys now you got one from me. Have one made all ready just need to get a sheath together
and it will be on its way.

Tracy, sounds like a great project. do you have a time line in mind, and you said you'd take "anything"... even from us less talented guys ? :biggrin:

Erik

If I could make a knife worthy of presentation, I would donate one. Instead, in order to keep 'mama' happy, I will donate a pair of diamond stud earrings. Teddy

Yes, When is the deadline for donations?

lets say July 15, that will give us a couple weeks to get tickets printed and sell them by the KnifeDogs hammer in on Sept 12

If I could make a knife worthy of presentation, I would donate one. Instead, in order to keep 'mama' happy, I will donate a pair of diamond stud earrings. Teddy

Those were a hot last year Teddy. Thanks

Erik,
it's all good. It's not a matter of talent. Every donation is appreciated and will be appreciated. Even from flat out beginners. Each knife will find a home.

I will donate again this year for sure. I have gotten a lot better since last year ;). Have one back from heat treat and ready for handles. Will ship sometime in March.

Thanks for organizing all of this again.

I'd be more then happy to donate a blade too ill try and get one done as soon as I can. Anything to help out our vets. Have a good one, Connor

Thanks guys.

I talked to Steve Janik about this. We are going to try and stretch this into 2 vets this fall. The Travis Brush ranch is working on getting some local donations also to help cover expenses for 2.

We will get raffle tickets printed in July and then look for help selling/buying them. The drawings will be at the fall KD hammer in September.

Tracy , you haven't said what is the goal for the fund raiser?

Erik

good question...thanks for asking. I wasn't very clear at the start of the thread...

The goal is to raise money to send an American Veteran on a once in a life time white tail deer hunt at the Travis Brush Ranch in Wisconsin. The hunts range in cost from $2.5k to $4k. The vets are selected through the American Valor organization. It is not the Wounded Warrior program but one very similar to it. The vets selected have all sustained significant injuries during their service and this is just a way to give them a chance to enjoy a few days hunting as a small token of appreciation for their service.

If I can chime in here. First off, Thanks to everyone who has helped with this program in the past. It's a wonderful program and we haven't sent anyone home unhappy yet. The looks of pure joy on a hunters face when they harvest a big buck is beyond compare.

Probably the best thing that happens is that everyone is equal in deer camp, no one gets a break (although we do pick on BossDog aliitle more than any one else...unless, of course, when Franklin shows up...).

This gets the veteran away from the everyday grind of physical therapy, doctors appointments and the daily trudgery of their new way of life.

This years hunt will cost us $3200.00 per man plus meals and transport, if necessary, for our veteran.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,
Steve

Back