Knife Pool

I’d be more than happy to participate, but I’d feel like I’d be stealing. Lol. In all seriousness, count me in. I’ll just send my knife with some money to even it out. Lol

Perhaps any critiques of an "improvement nature" should be private? Then a newer maker receives hands on advise without feeling like mom hung his sheets outside the window...LOL!

Any appreciative comments could be public? Just don't want to see brand new guys afraid to participate...

I'm ok with public critique. That wouldn't bother me. But giving the option is a good idea.

The thing I worry about is that another maker will be able to see where I tried to hide my mistakes. :)

The previous “KITH” that I did involved a grading system with all participating members voting and the score determined who you traded with. I like that or a completely random trade

I’m thinking it would better if we pick who gives us the knife. I’d like to have that Tomb Raider knife ... just brain storming here.

Edit: could you see me field dressing a doe or cleaning frogs with this PAHAHAHA. I would have to go get it out of my safety deposit box.

E035FD7C-F3A7-4BF3-80A2-2580EF11EB37.jpeg

Last edited:
That’ll be my EDC. Next year I’m asking for one of those huge mammoth tusks that mark Knapp finishes up. Then I’m gonna say... yep I took that mammoth down with this here frog skinning knife. I’m gonna say that when I bring people to see my stuff down at the bank.
#bestchristmaseva

I’d be more than happy to participate, but I’d feel like I’d be stealing. Lol. In all seriousness, count me in. I’ll just send my knife with some money to even it out. Lol

Don't sell yourself short. This is the perfect opportunity to stretch yourself. It's about offering up the best work you can do no matter who you are or at what level you feel like you are currently. A very basic knife with the best fit and finish you can do is light years ahead of a knife that tries too hard design-wise and is done poorly.

That’ll be my EDC. Next year I’m asking for one of those huge mammoth tusks that mark Knapp finishes up. Then I’m gonna say... yep I took that mammoth down with this here frog skinning knife. I’m gonna say that when I bring people to see my stuff down at the bank.
#bestchristmaseva

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Bring people down to the bank to see your knife! That is too true, because I'd have that sucker in a safe deposit box guarded by John Wick.

Don't sell yourself short. This is the perfect opportunity to stretch yourself. It's about offering up the best work you can do no matter who you are or at what level you feel like you are currently. A very basic knife with the best fit and finish you can do is light years ahead of a knife that tries too hard design-wise and is done poorly.
This is a very good philosophy no doubt. Lately I’ve been trying to keep things fairly simple.... but sometimes I get excited lol... ends poorly most of the time.

In all honesty, I’m very excited about this. This is a great way to practice making the best (cleanest) knife that I can possibly make, and have someone really look it over. Should be awesome!

Back