KITH official pictures thread

I got home today to a great little knife from DonL. Wonderful start to the week.

(Added Tuesday) It wasn't raining today so I could get some decent pictures of
Don's knife.

Attachments

• P7242477.jpg
    P7242477.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 38
  • P7242479.jpg
    P7242479.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I got my Gobblergetter knife today which is a sweet drop point with some of the best figured cocabolo on it I've seen. The fit and finish is very good - wood and metal both have a mirror finish and will add to the durability of knife. This will go straight to my fanny pack for field use- very nice design and that 01 will do the job nicely, and the sheath is well tooled- I like the acorn - thanks Bob!
Gobblergetter1.jpg

Glad you liked it Dan.

Griz, you can see a few flaws in the new sheath, but overall it turned out way nicer than the first one. I love leather work, but it doesn't love me. I'm currently working on a sheath for a knife that was given away at Christmas with a kydex sheath. It's my biggest knife with the biggest sheath and I'm trying to add an Ostrich leg skin insert. It's been frustrating to say the least and now tonight I discover than the back piece doesn't line up with the front piece and there's too much of a difference to trim, so it's cut and tool another back piece!

That was my 2nd time to use my maker mark. The first knife came out really well (after a lot of practice). It worked so well that I thought I could cut back on the number and time of holding the pad down...and it turned out very light :( Another lesson learned! Stay with what works!

I had a package in the mail when I got home from work today.

Wow!! What a great knife! The orange will be great for hiking trips, it will be a lot harder to lose.
This knife handles great and is shaving sharp. I will put it to use this fall on the Pine Mt Trail, it should make a great camp knife.
160a26b8.jpg

I apologize for not posting sooner, but I haven't had much time to get on the forum the past few days. I received my knife from Nektarios (NPD) on Wednesday. It arrived very quickly considering it traveled from Denmark. It is a very well crafted knife. The sheath is well made and expertly tooled. The knife was made with a very high level of fit and finish. It is a true scandi grind with no major secondary bevel (I believe it has a micro bevel as I see it, but haven't put it under magnification yet) and is shaving sharp. I am thrilled with the knife, and can't wait until I have an opportunity to give it a full work out. I'm sure it will perform well as I have been using it for general tasks around the house. As a maker, I can honestly say that I would not hesitate to direct business to Nektarios if I were unable to meet a customers needs or deadline for some reason. I will almost certainly get a lifetime of use out of this fine tool. Thanks, NPD!

Last edited:
I apologize for not posting sooner, but I haven't had much time to get on the forum the past few days. I received my knife from Nektarios (NPD) on Wednesday. It arrived very quickly considering it traveled from Denmark. It is a very well crafted knife. The sheath is well made and expertly tooled. The knife was made with a very high level of fit and finish. It is a true scandi grind with no major secondary bevel (I believe it has a micro bevel as I see it, but haven't put it under magnification yet) and is shaving sharp. I am thrilled with the knife, and can't wait until I have an opportunity to give it a full work out. I'm sure it will perform well as I have been using it for general tasks around the house. As a maker, I can honestly say that I would not hesitate to direct business to Nektarios if I were unable to meet a customers needs or deadline for some reason. I will almost certainly get a lifetime of use out of this fine tool. Thanks, NPD!

Thanks allot for the kind words about my work, and I’m happy that you like the knife.
Regards
Nektarios

Got my knife from Mike today, it’s a nice little hunter, now i have to make this little knife sharp and give it a try. I will get pics up soon as I can.
Regards
NP

Here are some pictures from the knife.
Mike I will like to ask you what kind of materials have you made the knife and handle of.
Regards
NP

Last edited:
Sorry for not sharpening the knife, but from personal experience, I've learned to send them out dull to other knife makers. I don't think I've ever gotten a knife and not resharpened the edge to what I like. Anyhow, the blade is 1084 with a clay quench. I had to redo the knife twice... once because the handle material (stabilized by one of the big names) failed horribly, the second time, because I carelessly placed the knife under some clutter and a broken carbide drill bit was dragged across it. This blade fought me all the way. In the end, I went with Buckeye Burl for the handle, and 01 for the pins so that they will patina with the blade.

Back