How About A Bruce Bump Blade Gallery

That was hilarious Ray !!!!! Good call.

Bruce's work is spectacular. I want to be just like him when I grow up....next time.

Rudy

Great looking knife Bruce, well done.

Did you stamp it 002?

TA

100_3971_edited.jpg

WOW!! I am realy diggin #2 & #3 . Is this #3 giraffe bone?? I realy like them. #3 would look realy awesome in my pocket! LOL!

Last edited:
WOW!! I am realy diggin #2 . Is this last one giraffe bone?? I realy like them. #3 would look realy awesome in my pocket! LOL!

Thanks Shane. Nope it's mammoth. The color is and depth is hard to capture in a home shot picture. It's very pocket friendly. You want one?

I've been eyeballing this thread for a long time but just this morning decided to look it over. Sigh. Bruce, I really feel inadequate when I look at what you do. :) I've so much to learn, just technically, that I know I'll never approach your skill. But I really want to do stuff like this in some small way. When it comes to the eye - the way your work flows and appeals to the senses - well, that's just special and cannot be learned. That is God's gift, man, and you are making so much of it I'm happy to be alive to get to see it. It's an honor. Thank you.

Edit. Thanks for the picture of your slippie pivot jig. Craig showed a picture of his in Ryan Minchew's WIP thread, and this clears up my question. I think I can build this with stuff I have laying around my shop. Maybe that's what I'll do today; displacement behavior for working on my orders. :( :)

Last edited:
I've been eyeballing this thread for a long time but just this morning decided to look it over. Sigh. Bruce, I really feel inadequate when I look at what you do. :) I've so much to learn, just technically, that I know I'll never approach your skill. But I really want to do stuff like this in some small way. When it comes to the eye - the way your work flows and appeals to the senses - well, that's just special and cannot be learned. That is God's gift, man, and you are making so much of it I'm happy to be alive to get to see it. It's an honor. Thank you.

Edit. Thanks for the picture of your slippie pivot jig. Craig showed a picture of his in Ryan Minchew's WIP thread, and this clears up my question. I think I can build this with stuff I have laying around my shop. Maybe that's what I'll do today; displacement behavior for working on my orders. :( :)

Dave you are very generous with the compliments, Thank You

How is the slip joint rise and drop jig coming along?

DAVE, Mr. Bruce's talent is indeed a God given talent however, most of us in this disipline have it. The difference lies in how hard we work to refine the talent and the years put into developing the talent. Bruce's mastery of line and form isn't something easily learned but , with time and dedication it will come to all who persue it to a great degree. Bruce has been making knives for many years as I have been studying engraving (51 years) --- it doesn't happen over night. Please keep at it & you too will acchieve what you are searching for. I've seen your work & feel you certainly are on the right path. IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
DAVE, Mr. Bruce's talent is indeed a God given talent however, most of us in this disipline have it. The difference lies in how hard we work to refine the talent and the years put into developing the talent. Bruce's mastery of line and form isn't something easily learned but , with time and dedication it will come to all who persue it to a great degree. Bruce has been making knives for many years as I have been studying engraving (51 years) --- it doesn't happen over night. Please keep at it & you too will acchieve what you are searching for. I've seen your work & feel you certainly are on the right path. IMHO

Mr. Hurst,

You sir are what I strive to become, a true class act. Check out the quote in my signature line...you're in pretty good company with your advice ;)

Thanks Mr. Mike, you've over valued me but, I do appreciate your more than kind words. In addition to my previous words, I'd like to add something I use to tell my students ------" Your focus is your reality." If you can truly take this to heart in mind and by action, you'll find there is much you can accomplish rather than envie. FWIW

One of THE BEST threads/Galleries I have ever layed eyes on.

Bruce, I will say it over and over......You are a genius:eek::eek::eek:2thumbs:D:eek:

Everytime I look over your works I am left speechless.

Thanks for sharing, I look forward to so much more.

This thread is just YUMMYbouncewow1urock1

Keep em coming.

Chris

Ken you are a wise old teacher. The kind that the student looks up to and honors him. I'm willing to bet most of your students went on to become great engravers in their own times because of the encouragement you have instilled in them.

Oh, I didnt start making knives at 7 years old though. :) I do have over 20 years invested now.

Ken that means more to me than I can say; just, "Thanks." I will keep trying to do the best work I can. You and Bruce and the other great makers here are the people I look to to set the standards. And they're remarkable standards.

Bruce, I've gathered all the parts I have to dedicate to the rise/drop jig. Have to collect a bit more stuff (but I love stuff) before I can finish it. But check this out: I got the blade and spring for my first slippie profiled! Heh.

I'm working at home for a few days (wife sick, call me Nurse Dave) and it's really hard to stay with it rather than sneak into my shop to have some real fun. But I'm dedicated to my day job too!

I had a breakthrough looking how you built the breach plug for this one. Now I'm considering how I can approach this some day. You're all going to freak if I ever get to some of these "stretch projects" I talk about. But hey! I have started on one of them. ;)

Bruce, thanks for all you do. This is fantastic. I just love this stuff.

Thanks Mr. Mike, you've over valued me but, I do appreciate your more than kind words. In addition to my previous words, I'd like to add something I use to tell my students ------" Your focus is your reality." If you can truly take this to heart in mind and by action, you'll find there is much you can accomplish rather than envie. FWIW

Wow. That hit me like a thunderbolt! Thanks Ken, that's one of the lessons that sticks with people for a lifetime.

Edit. I just made a sign to hang in my shop that will always help me stay focused.

Last edited:
Mr. Dave ---- I'm pleased that in a small way, I could be of some encouragement to you . The fact that you would take a quote of mine and place it on your wall is flattering ----- thank you for the compliment. It is something that I have always believed & seen work in those that have faithfully applied the theory. Give yourself time to improve , it'll happen.

Back