Hello from WYO.

Shane Justice

Well, honestly, I'm sort of an odd duck in the knifemaking world, or any world for that manner.

I have had the priviledge of meeting and learning from a good bunch of truly great people. That is not to say any of their skill or knowledge rubbed off on me.

When I was a kid, my Dad used to take me fishing on a farm that belonged to this old Norwegian's place. Here was this old tough as hell guywith hands the size of basketballs. He would grin and nod at my Dad. He would chuckle and say, " AH ja Beel! (Bill) Dis boy him is strong like tructor...oh course him is smart like tructor too jah!!!" And then the two of them would bust up laughing.

Dang I wish his assesment of me had been a tad less true. Now that I am olde rand my strength is gone, I got no brains to fall back on.

Honestly, the only reason I found this site was because I was checking on my friend Bill Burke's knives at Blade Gallery and I tripped on his forum by accident.

If it good enough for Bill. There is no way I could ever find fault. Best thing I can do is sort of sign in and hang on.

Hello to all.

Shane

Last edited:
Hey Thanks Guys!

When I saw the "KNIFE DOGS" logo I was hooked!

My "SHOP DOG" is an honest-to-Pete English Bully named Brodie.

He's a portly old gentleman of about 70 pounds....but he still tears around the yard with our Lab like he's a pup!

Anyhow, I figgered him and me would fit in at a place like this!

Oh jeez, I gotta ask...is my signature to much?

I have spent the last week nailing down a logo, blademark and letterhead.

It has been about a 20 year battle to make this decision. (Insert the "Smart like tractor!" line here)

If anybody has a heads up...I would appreciate it.

Welcome Shane.
You make those of us who were never strong or smart jealous.
Hard work will get a man alot of self satisfaction, they tell me.
Callie is going to be 15 the end of Sept, so I hear ya there.
Dozier

Yeah Dozier,

Nothing better than a old dog.

He knows what he's about. He dDon't need to worry if his place on the couch is gonna get took...since he's the only one allowed on the couch.

And he knows all the tender parts to bite to make a young dog quit.

As far as hard work goes...it's easy to grub around in the shop, when you love what your doing.

Well I gotta say it, there's a bunch a great makers here...and a bunch a even better people.

And I am glad I found this place when I did cause the Winter winds are blowing here , the geese are headed south, and its raining.

Snow soon.

Hey Pieter!

For a lot of us, Winter is a great time to crawl inside the shop, lock the doors, and not come out 'til Spring.

In my yard next to my shop, we have two BIG crab apple trees. At wnight, we have as many as 20 mule deer cleaing up the apples from the lawn.

Later this Fall, we have a REAALY BIG Mule DEER Buck who sits under my trees at night. When I come out of the shop, I turn the light out, and wait for a few minutes before stepping outside. When I make the move, I do it quiet like. Usually he dopesn't even budge. He just sits there with that big corwn of his and watches me make my way across the yard.

Dang, if I was tricky, I bet I could be the first man to set a state record, for the biggest Mule Deer taken with a ball peen hammer.

He is just that close.

Anyhow, if you live here and you don't llike Winter....best to move south....of North if you are on the upside down part of the globe.

Shane it sounds great, I suppose a lot work can be done in the work shop in winter, like making knifes. You must take up bow hunting Shane.

Back