Happy birthday

Thanks Rusty, and a Happy Birthday to you and all the Marines out there. Especially the younger ones out there doing the job right now. SEMPER FI2thumbs2thumbs

234th Birthday

Happy Birthday Leathernecks!

The Marines I have seen around the world have
the cleanest bodies,
the filthiest minds,
the highest morale and
the lowest morals
of any group of animals I have ever seen.
Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.

Eleanor Roosevelt 1945

Happy Birthday, Chesty, wherever you are.

Happy B-Day Leathernecks. I may talk trash to you guys in fun but still appreciate the job you do.

Happy Birthday to all our Marines!2thumbs

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

Once a Marine always a Marine. Never have seen this in any other branch. I am so thankful for men like all of you.

Thanks guys. Happy Birthday Les.

The United States Marine Corps - 234 years of tradition not marred by one day's progress.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7fTppX5swo"]YouTube- 2009 United States Marine Corps Birthday Message[/ame]

USMC

Thanks for posting that Les. It was a moving tribute. Reminds me of a little song we used to sing:

C-130 rollin' down the strip,
Recon Daddy gonna take a little trip.
Stand up, hook up, shuffle to the door,
Recon Daddy gonna jump once more.
And if my chute don't open wide,
I got another one by my side.
And if that one don't blossom round,
I'll be the first one to hit the ground.
Recon Daddy hidin' in the grass,
playing burp gun boogie on a VC a**.

OORAH!!!

Dang, if I was still in the Corps right now I'd be chowing on steak and lobster.

Gotta good story to tell.
Last Friday, My son's 5th grade class held a program to honor the Vets. At the end of the thing they asked for the different services to come up and stand in front of the stage to be honored. First, they asked for the Army. I tell ya half the gym got up. Then the Navy, and another crapload of people got up. Then the Zoomies, not as many but still a good showing. Last but not least the Semper Fi do or die UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS.....And there were just 4 of us hard charg'in Leathernecks standing locked and cocked in front of that stage. I could not contain myself as I shouted to the crowd "Talk about the FEW, the PROUD, the MARINES. Dang near brought me to tears when all those in attendance chuckled, stood and applauded. My son is like "Hey Dad, that was funny but in a really cool kinda way".

Semper Fi Marines2guns

Well said then! 2thumbs

A Belated Happy B'Day to my Beloved Corps.
To all my Brothers & Sisters in Harm's Way, may God Bless you and bring you home safe and soon.
Amen.

Happy Birthday Leathernecks!

The Marines I have seen around the world have
the cleanest bodies,
the filthiest minds,
the highest morale and
the lowest morals
of any group of animals I have ever seen.
Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.

Eleanor Roosevelt 1945

Happy Birthday, Chesty, wherever you are.

What do you expect!!!??? We were BORN IN a freakin BAR!!!! OOOORAH
So tell us your, MOS/ Unit, years active.
Myself 0311, 1st Batallion 2nd Marines, 2nd Marine Div. Charlie Company 1984 to 1987. I was a sick puppy in those days, just right for the crazy Sh** we did!!!! OOOpps did I say "crazy"? Ya got to LOVE the Corps!!! And ya got to be sick to love the Corps!![/
SIZE] 2guns

Dang, if I was still in the Corps right now I'd be chowing on steak and lobster.

Gotta good story to tell.
Last Friday, My son's 5th grade class held a program to honor the Vets. At the end of the thing they asked for the different services to come up and stand in front of the stage to be honored. First, they asked for the Army. I tell ya half the gym got up. Then the Navy, and another crapload of people got up. Then the Zoomies, not as many but still a good showing. Last but not least the Semper Fi do or die UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS.....And there were just 4 of us hard charg'in Leathernecks standing locked and cocked in front of that stage. I could not contain myself as I shouted to the crowd "Talk about the FEW, the PROUD, the MARINES. Dang near brought me to tears when all those in attendance chuckled, stood and applauded. My son is like "Hey Dad, that was funny but in a really cool kinda way".

Semper Fi Marines2guns

Great story, the pride of eSpirit deCorp. Being a part of such a relativley small group of exceptional men (and women) is pride like no other. Standing together like that shows how small a club it is, and the "fellowship of brothers" is more truer today. But the steak and lobster??? WTF, I mean,
I I Sir, you must have been an officer!!! Or Air Wing!!
!

Back