Hammer in,in Mississippi.

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
April 25th is the date Paul LeBatard has set for his hammer in/knife show at his home at 14700 Old River Road,Vancleave Mississippi.
You can set up a table and sell knives for free,the hammer in is free with lunch provided.
Paul will build a knife and sheath from start to finish and you can watch the process and ask questions and learn a lot from watching.
There will be blade smiths demonstrating their craft and James Poplin will be there selling supplies and tools.
Y'all come!

Thanks for the post Calvin - I do plan to be there again this year. Last year, a GREAT time was had by all and a good bit of learning also. GREAT group of folks.

Ken H>

Oh wow, that's only a few hours away. I might have to see if I can make that one.

Hey Clavin is that the one that Terry Vanderventer is part of ?

The one Terry V is with is in Jackson,Miss ,I have attended that one and it is very good. I didn't know about the one in Vancleave ,but will be making plans to be there this year
Thanks Calvin

God bless

I hope to see you there Keith.
Im thinking about bringing my AHEG grinder to demonstrate and will have sets of plans there for sale.
Who all would like that?

I think that would be a GREAT idea to bring the AFEG - PLEASE do bring the grinder. I think the exposure would be good.

Ken H>

Yes Calvin bring it. If I am able may try and get a set of plans
i look forward too meeting you Calvin as well as other makers

God bless

The one Terry V is with is in Jackson,Miss ,I have attended that one and it is very good. I didn't know about the one in Vancleave ,but will be making plans to be there this year
Thanks Calvin

God bless

Don't want to derail the thread, but....I've never met him even though we're only a few miles down the road from each other, so I reached out and spoke with Terry. He said he's turned over his annual show to the Mississippi Forge council. The planned knife meeting is on feb 14th and 15th in a few weeks and you can find registration info on their website. I'm going to try and be there.

You are correct NN..I went to the very last hammer in that Terry hosted at his home. I think they now have it at the Agriculture Museum.

God bless

Looks like Van Cleave is about 16 hrs away from where I call home. I'm a little west of Omaha, NE. Does anyone know of any similar events a little closer to Omaha?

Bill

Looks like Van Cleave is about 16 hrs away from where I call home. I'm a little west of Omaha, NE. Does anyone know of any similar events a little closer to Omaha?

Bill

Bill

Unfortunately Nebraska appears to be the black hole of knife making. There are a few maker's but nothing truly organized that I am aware of at this time. You may come across a knife maker or two at a gun show. That is about it.

The South, Texas, the Northwest, Montana, Minnesota, all have some pretty good knife making organizations, hammer ins, etc. You may be close enough to participate in this organization. Check it out. http://www.kansasknives.org/ . Lots of good makers belong to KCKA.

There is going to be a huge knife making show in Kansas City this summer/fall. It should be pretty awesome. I do not have the information at my fingertips but Bruce Bump posted something about it a while back. Use your search function and you should find it if you are interested.

I wish I was closer to the Mississippi. I would love to go to this event.

DeMo

Last edited:
Oh hey Calvin, is there a registration for this, fee, etc.,, or just show up?

Met Lin Rhea and Paul Lebatard today at the MS forge council meeting. Ate lunch with Lin who made my day with some great compliments. I was really just trying to be a sponge. And I really think I took a few good things away from it.

Can't wait to see y'all at Pauls in a few months.

Well,April is here and the 25th is only 12 days away. I am eagerly awaiting this hammer in. I'll be there demonstrating my AHEG and selling plans.
Ill have knives for sale as well.
I am helping a disabled knife builder liquidate all of his stuff and will have A LOT of handle material for sale at very reasonable prices at this hammer in.
YALL COME!
:biggrin:

45E7EDD5-1A63-44C8-97C9-7FCC431A4760.jpg

9th ANNUALHAMMER-IN AND KNIFEMAKING EVENT

SATURDAY, APRIL 25TH8AM TILL 5PM KNIFEMAKING DEMONSTRATIONS THROUGHOUT THE DAYTABLE SPACES AVAILABLEBUY -- SELL -- TRADE PlusDOOR PRIZES!FREE BARBEQUE LUNCH AND COLD DRINKS PROVIDED

LOCATION: PAUL LeBATARD’S SHOP14700 OLD RIVER ROADVANCLEAVE, MS 39565 FOR MORE INFO, CONTACT PAUL LeBATARD - 228-238-7461

SPONSORED BY
C627EAA2-74B8-4E3F-8CA4-DBE733E866F9.png

Back