Guns, Cut N Shoots and other dual threat weapons

Dang, Sam, I'm gonna need to pop some popcorn for all these videos. I'm beginning to love the WheelLock! It could turn into a Love/Hate project.

Dang, Sam, I'm gonna need to pop some popcorn for all these videos. I'm beginning to love the WheelLock! It could turn into a Love/Hate project.

I believe that there may be more, I just had to quit and go at the time.

I never knew much about it, until I start searching...the wheellock was used for 250 years or so...quite a long time.

One of these videos, maybe the first one, has the fellow priming the pan from a powder dispenser built into the wheel spring wind up key, lots of potential for neat accessories with this one.

Last edited:
An original hawk/matchlock was emailed to me. simple but effective I would say. It looks easy to make and maybe even improve and a blast to shoot. A good first cut n shoot project.

guns001.jpg

guns008.jpg

guns002.jpg

guns005.jpg

guns006.jpg

guns007.jpg

Last edited:
Nah, it just ends up lookin like it. I have a pocket knife that I lost in a horse stall that looks just like that.

I can play. This was my Grandfather's. He used to use it to shoot cats on construction sites in NY city back in the 20's or maybe 30's. The story he told was he would shoot nails out of it.

Attachments

• DSC01324.jpg
    DSC01324.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC01322.jpg
    DSC01322.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 37
I can play. This was my Grandfather's. He used to use it to shoot cats on construction sites in NY city back in the 20's or maybe 30's. The story he told was he would shoot nails out of it.

Thanks for posting Poolshark. There must have been a big cat problem back then. I wonder how he found out it will shoot nails? Just slide a nail in ontop of the lead? Isnt it an Unwin and Rodgers 22 cal? Its cool!

I guess this is the modern equivalent....not the same somehow...

laserlyte_naa_bayo_011.jpg

This little pistol is from North American Arms and a cutie too. I've made a set of ivory grips for one. They're made pretty good and I've always thought if somebody spent the money to doll one up it would be a sweet little piece. I've never seen the accesary sight and clamped bayanette before now. Wouldnt be too pocket friendly anymore.

Thanks for posting Poolshark. There must have been a big cat problem back then. I wonder how he found out it will shoot nails? Just slide a nail in ontop of the lead? Isnt it an Unwin and Rodgers 22 cal? Its cool!

Unwin, yes. I cast some lead in the mold and it seemed to be bigger than 22. Perhaps 25?

My puter is broke. Kaye wont let me download anything on hers, go figure? Give me some time to have a look, probably next week.

Back