For my brother

sethshaun

My brother got me a nice recurve bow so i made him a knife.
Blade was hand filed from a piece of Alabama Damascus. The the guy at the knife show gave me a free piece to start with! Cool dude! The finger guard is nickel/silver and it was done with a few rat-tail files and sandpaper. The wood I am not really sure about but it could be honduran rosewood or maybe cocoa bola? I used wood hardener as a finish, my brother is not the type to let a knife sit in the bottom of a boat for days, so I hope it holds up well. I made some mistakes, I would be grateful if ya'll would point out what you dont like.

thanks for lookin
Seth

Attachments

• Knife #6.jpg
    Knife #6.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Knife #6h .jpg
    Knife #6h .jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Very classy looking.
How can he not like that. The only thing I can see, and it may be the pic, The front of the guard looks like it slopes forward just a smidge. Only since you asked. Overall nice gift.

Rudy

Thank you :)

He did like it quite a lot.
Yes the guard slopes a little bit. I did that to match an angle that I goofed. Thanks for the eye.

Very clean and sleek. The only thing I don't like is that it's in your hands, not mine! I shoot traditional also, what bow did you get?

He gave me a PSE Kingfisher as my introduction to bowfising. He has a thing against invasive species. As soon as the water hits 50 degrees he is out scouting for some tail. I also have a 10+ year old Hoyt recurve that I refuse to get near water! A friend had a 15 yard indoor range in his basement and we used to shoot all winter. Foam animal targets and some swinging foam octodecagons. My brain seems to turn around and find something more interesting to look at when I tried to shoot paper but is sure was fun!

Back