First "Real Attempts"

Well sunshine as Bill said you know what to do now. BACK TO WORK!!!!!! Looks great Chris. Can't wait till we get togather and build a couple.

Wow, and it continues. I cant thank you guys enough. I was nervous as all hell posting this up for everyone to see. I was expecting the worse.... I know its not perfect and you guys know that. I truly appreciate all the encouragement though my bro's!

Bill and James, we need to meet up this Spring/Summer.....Chris needs some help....hahaha

Well as cold as it was, I was able to wrap the sheath up today. My first sheath:D I didnt do a WIP on that since it was my first try. Came out alright, a bit tight....I should have taken T's advice and wrap the blade with tape. Put a Tek-Lok on there for him.....it should serve him well.

Am I a maker now??? NO, did I complete my first blade??? YES.....Maybe after a few more I can consider myself a maker. For now, I am still "Aspiring" to be:D

Thanks for following my Journey into knifemaking:
AAMorgansBlade99Complete002.jpg

AAMorgansBlade99Complete003.jpg

Starting to wrap up my EDC......Dang stupid D-Guard hole idea bit me in the but
AAMorgansBlade99Complete001.jpg

Nice work bud.

What's that white stuff on the ground?

Like Bill said....now go make another one

Thanks again Martin2thumbs And thanks for the encouragement my bro.

Well, I asked the same question on my Facebook and John Wylie said I must have found some white micarta:D I did land a nice set of white micarta scales from Johny though. Might have to throw some more white stuff on the ground.:eek:

I am on my EDC now....so far it is coming along good. Everything lined up right on the liners/scales so this was a huge plus for me. Bad thing is, when I clamped the knife in the vise some adhesive came out toward my plunge line, front of scales. Big, WOOPS. Not sure how the hell I will get it off. Its ok....good thing I am not selling knives yet:D

Nice work bud.

What's that white stuff on the ground?

Like Bill said....now go make another one

Bad thing is, when I clamped the knife in the vise some adhesive came out toward my plunge line, front of scales. Big, WOOPS. Not sure how the hell I will get it off. Its ok....good thing I am not selling knives yet:D

Most people take a sharp non scratching tool to scrape the epoxy away and then clean it up with chemicals, I used q-tips and alcohol!! it worked pretty good!!

I use a brass rod with a bevel on it to scrape hardened epoxy or JBWeld off. Acetone on a Q-Tip works good if the epoxy has not hardened.

That is what I use also. See Chris when you get down here I will make one up for you useing a tine from a deer antler. They work great.

Chris, I will give the brass rod a shot. If I would have noticed it when I clamped it I could have easily wiped it off. Lesson learned!

James, sounds good my bro! Is it Spring yet?:cool::unsure:This snow and ice stuff is starting to kill the AZ kid.

A little progress, I decided I am going to put another tube for the lanyard hole...looks out of place without one there:rolleyes:

I was pretty much done with it after the vinegar bath....But then decided the handles are too beefy. I Going to take them down further. This is what you get when you use Aldo's 5/16" 6150. A big old beefy EDC:eek: I still need to put an edge on it. But it is looking pretty good IMO. My new MOTO....."Ugly knives for ugly times"....lol

ALittleBeastlyBlade002.jpg

Never did the Facebook thing. Everyone I want to find me is one one of the forums ;)

LOL....I hear ya bro. I signed up when my brother requested I do so. Since then I have ran across a couple old buddies I havent talked to in some time. Its cool like that!

I always know where to find your arse though:D

Bill Coye on the other hands needs to accept my buddy request....Not feelin no love Bill....;-0....;-)

Back