First Knife Completeted!!

Fletch Helical

Just finished up my first knife but sorry about the bad pics. My camera has no way of turning off the flash and there was a light misting rain out so there are some rain spots on some of the pics and a flash on the others.

The who project was kind of an internet apprenticeship from a member at BF. And was done as a WIP here , from original design to completion. Everything on my end was done with files and paper (with the exception of a horrific brief experience on a grinder post HT which was a mistake to begin with).

All comments welcome especially any thing noted that can be improved upon.

Steel is ATS-34
Micatra handles
OAL 8 1/2"
Blade 3 3/4" tip to choil
Satin finish

Knife024.jpg

Knife023.jpg

Knife026.jpg

Knife027.jpg

Knife028.jpg

Knife029.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Fletch , That's a Great looking knife ! Do you have a sheath in the works as well ? And Good Luck with your new addiction ! Congrats , Bill

That's very good for a first,hell looks better than my tenth did.

Hey Fletch , That's a Great looking knife ! Do you have a sheath in the works as well ? And Good Luck with your new addiction ! Congrats , Bill

It's on the "things to do" list but not in the works yet. I need to get some material and a bit more know how first.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Ya done good Fletch. The knife has nice lines and flow and it looks like you have some good fit and finish going on. Someone could probably find flaws here and there but I'm sure you have already done that yourself. They will only get better as you learn how to go from one step to the next.

Thanks for sharing it with us,
Carey

very nice , i wish my first knife was that nice .
Just a thought , i use an old 22 cal bore brush to clean inside the thong hole . I put it in a cordless drill or a drill press , they work very well .

Very Nice looking 1st knife! I can't really see anything to point out that needs improving...Keep up the good work.

Excellent!

Steve
-------
Potomac Forge
-------
IN GOD WE TRUST

Back