finished this one today

Jim Coffee

This knife was made for and will be donated to a local National Guard unit that was deployed to Afghanistan for a year and just came home and are having a benifit raffle, so this one will be given to them to raffle off.

9" overall length
o-1 tool steel, polished finish
416 stainless pinned on and dovetailed bolsters
dyed and stabilized boxelder scales
red fiber liners
stainless pins

I would like to find someone interested in engraving the National guard unit number and name on the bolsters if anyone is interested let me know.

thanks for looking
website..jcoffeecustomknives.com
knifes871.jpg
knifes872-1.jpg
knifes873.jpg

Jim,
Great on you!!! Really beautiful knife and that handle is just like a cameleon laying on that stone.
Wade

Love it Jim! Great looking knife and wonderful gesture. Sure hope you can find someone with a heart as big as yours to engrave it for our deserving service members!

Thanks for sharing it Jim!

WOW, Thanks guy's. No luck yet on the engraving and running out of time. This one has to be done for thier banquit on april 6th. Finished the sheath last night, done all I can do.

Man this forum has the BEST members on it.. ALWAYS LOOKING TO STEP UP FOR THE VETS......Makes ya proud to be a member here..GO DOGS.

Hi Jim. Beautiful blade. I love using 0-1. Just out of curiosity, have you had any rusting problems with 0-1 when you polish the blade like you did?

O-1 is a carbon steel and like all steel it will rust if not taken care of, polished or satin finish. I have a piece of 440c in my shop that has rust on it. I also have a bunch of old vintage winchester knifes from the early 1900s that are carbon steel that dont have ANY rust on them and they are pushing 70 to 90 years old.

Last edited:
Jim,
Really a nice knife. If you can make this you can you can make a slip joint! I read somewhere that the reason medieval armor was polished was to resist rust. Worked then works now.
Jay

Thanks Jay, Man I have been wanting to start that first slippy real bad,As soon as I get enough knifes made for my next show and caught up on a couple orders I'm going for the slippy...Wish me luck I will need it....

Back