ENDS DEC. 22 @ 8pm 3,500 Post GAW - Carpenter's CTS-XHP

Well here she is boys... no sheath or testing yet but I'm working on it. After supper I may have time to make some 2x4's smaller...
View attachment 20353

I left about 3/32" of the tang exposed for thumping on things and made a firesteel to match.

James thanks for taking us through the process. Wow.....it just screams CLEAN! And I love your choice of rivets - those are my fav. Old school with some new. And 59 is perfect! I too love leaving the tang hanging out. Well Done!!! I bet you have more problems with building a sheathe, LOL "OOPS I SAID IT"!

Guys I just wanted to update you on my experience with this great steel. I've been using this knife off and on ever since I finished it, but in the last few weeks I took it camping twice and fishing several times. I've done everything but chop concrete with it and it's holding up extremely well. No chipping on the edge at all, and it takes a good long time to even start to get dull. I purposely kept it in a wet sheath (not damp, I mean I wore the knife/sheath into the lake while fishing sveral times for hours at a time, we're talking SOAKED) for 4 days and not a hint of rust on the blade. It's got very good wear-resistance and the hand polish still looks great. The only thing I'll do different next time I use it is make the edge even thinner, I'm confident it can handle it.

I really like CPM-154 and I must say this Carpenter CTS-XHP stands right with it, shoulder-to-shoulder. Two excellent steels, I highly recommend them both. Thanks again Murph!

Back