EDC passaround

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Cochran

Ok guys I have decided to do a couple of passarounds. I have a three basic fixed blade "models" a DP hunter, skinner, and an EDC. I also make slipjoints.
I have had plenty of input from customers on the hunter and skinner, by listening to what my customers had to say I was able to make changes to them that improved both models greatly.

I firmly believe that constructive critisism if the only way to grow. If I dont what is wrong I cant fix it. I havent had much feedback on the EDC, sooooo...
I would like to do a passaround to get input from all you Dogs. I just have a few rules
1. I will ship the knife to the first person, then that person will ship to the next and so on.
2. I would like you to use the knife and post your comments in a thread that I will start for reviews, also any pics would be appreciated. If it needs an edge please sharpen it before sending to the next guy. (just remember it is a knife not a crowbar, axe etc.)
3. Please try to keep the knife long enough to test it and then pass it on, some guys may just need a few days some a week.
4. Keep in mind by doing this Im trying to better my work so be honest with your review, I know we like to post positive comments but I need some real feedback. If you really like it tell me, if there is something you would change tell me.
5. I reserve the right to change all rules.:D;)

If there are alot of people to sign up, I will draw the names from a hat, but I will try to get as many people involved as possible.
After this one I plan to do the same thing with one of my slipjoints.

Lastly when this is over I will draw from the reviewers someone to win the knife.

Thanks

Sean

I would love the oppurtunity to test one of our knives. I am a new knifemaker and have found that these passarounds not only help the maker, but help me as well.

Do you want us to PM or e-mail your our info?

Thanks

Charlie

I'd be glad to do it Sean, I use a knife every day anyway, makes it more interesting to try something different.

Count me in Sean. I like constructive criticism too, but most people(not Knifedogs) don't know how. They either won't tell you truthfully or outright blast you and your work. Sounds like fun.

I would like to try out one of your knives. I carry a lot of different knives, I would like to see how yours works compared to some of the others.

Wesley

I would be thrilled to test this for you! I use a knife every day for any number of odd jobs (despite my knife-shy coworkers :p), and something different would be nice. I haven't reviewed a knife before, but I have done a review on a martial arts uniform that I thought was pretty unbiased and constructive, so I think I can manage if you'll have me :)

~Noah

Thanks for all the support guys. Im going to let this go for a couple more days then I will get a list together and ask for addresses then start a new post with my pics of the knife and that will be the area for reviews and pics. Again thanks for your help on this.

Ok guys thanks for all the input. It looks like about 18 have signed up, thats more than I expected so what Im going to do is put the names in a hat and draw out 10. I think that is a good number, especially when considering each guy needs at least a week for a good test, then add shipping time. Im afraid if I get too many involved this time we will be way up in the summer getting all the results. Not that Im in a big rush, but I would like to start making changes if need be.

I will draw the names this weekend and get the knife sent out the first of next week. I will just use the order the names were drawn and put that list in a new thread with my pics of the knife. All I ask is when you are finished send the knife to the next guy on the list and post your review. Remember, be honest. Also any pics that you could get of the knife in action would be great.

Again thanks for the help. I feel this is one of the best ways for me to improve.
Ill be doing at least one more passaround soon, on a slipjoint.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back