EDC in CPM154 and Amboyna Burl

silver_pilate

It's been a while since I've posted a knife here (been a while since I've finished one period :9:).

It's 5/32" CPM154 with a working hand finish, handled with stabilized amboyna burl, red liners, and corby's. It has a 3.5" cutting edge, and is 7.75" OAL with a 1.25" tall blade at it's tallest point. No tapered tang on this one, but it's drilled for balance. The custom sheath is also my own work with a spring clip for carry in any type of clothing with or without a belt, and it's hand stitched and lightly boned to the knife for a very secure and snug fit.

This is the first one I've finished in months due to very limited shop time, though I have a number in progress that I can hopefully get some work done on this winter when I'm not teaching.

As always, any comments, good and bad are more than welcome. Thanks for looking!!

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

--nathan

Last edited:
very nice looks like it could reach the bottom of a mayo jar and do some great skinning,the test of a great knife .

Haha...sorry, Dozier. This one goes to the customer tomorrow and then off to its new home at Christmas (ordered as a gift). The only thing different is now the reverse side has the recipient's initials etched in it (got the stencil in today).

Thanks for all the great comments. One of these days I'm going to have to make myself keep one of these. Hopefully soon as I'm not taking orders any longer. :)

--nathan

I figured as much Nathan. Well done, I doubt it is coming back.
Keep me in mind if someone backs out on you? I've gotten some nice knives by being patient.
Continued success,
Dozier

Back