Cutting help

arrow-360

I have a 6 x 36 sheet of A2 with lots of knives traced out on. Now.. I need to cut them out. Will need a bandsaw of some sort. What do you use?
I have been thinking of converting a 9 or 10 inch wood saw into a metal cutting saw. An old Craftsman, Delta, Homecraft, or what ever. It will be a challange to get it to run slow enough, but can be done. Have even thought of building my own. Can someone steer me in the right dirrection.:bud:
I don't want to throw alot of money at it! Just what is necessary. Or should I say as cheep as possible.
Dave

I use a water-powered bandsaw at 40,000 psi. cool 1 Sorry, I couldn't help myself.huh1

How cool could that be!

I think I have an old super soaker around somewhere.:D

If I can get some knife sales, I'll have to check into your setup for profiling my blades.
Dave

i know its simple, but have you thought about a cut off wheel on a four and half inch grinder and then finish out the hard parts with a hack saw.

Dave is the best in the bizz...hell of a guy too. Who else can produce a tacti-cool burger flipper like he does?2thumbs

Give Dave a call...great guy to talk to and will be more than happy to get your squared up!

Chris

I couldn't get the Super Soaker to pump up good enough.:eek: Anytime you need something, just holler!cool 1 Really loud too.:D

i know its simple, but have you thought about a cut off wheel on a four and half inch grinder and then finish out the hard parts with a hack saw.

I have thought of it. Could cut them out and finish them out on my belt grinder. Just figure it will take a hole lot of time. There are 21 knives on this sheet. If I don't come up with something in the next few days, thats what I'll do.
Dave

Back