Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Wilmont

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Build one (post which grinder plan)

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Other (post which grinder)

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
@EdCaffreyMS the person who posted the grinder pic you posted first said he just threw a belt on for a picture. He probably didn't track it before snapping a picture. As for my grinder in the second picture, I had it tracked over doing some blending off the edge of the platen. I don't think either picture was posted to show perfect tracking.

Again..... I wasn't picking on anything, nor implying that either/any of the grinders in the phonts has issues....only using the images to illustrate a point. That being that wheel alignment is VERY difficult to get right in a build, and often either overlooked, or not even considered by many who attempt to build their own grinders.

I totally agree with the litmus test you spoke of. I'm in now way implying that it's impossible to build a grinder where everything is lined up, squared, and true. What I am saying, is that the majority of those who try to build their own 2x72" grinder(s), are very often at a beginner level, and are those who have neither the understanding, nor the fabrication skill set to pull it off. How could I say such a thing? Because I can't count the number of phone calls and/or emails I've received, asking for build help on grinders...... and when I speak of wheel alignment, and the level of precision needed, it's obvious that most of them have no idea what I'm talking about. In addition, many will contact me weeks, or even months later, and they are still trying to finish the build, or correct mistakes to make it usable. THOSE are the instances where I endorse purchasing a "top end" machine...... unless the goal is spend all the time fiddling with a machine, instead of actually using it.

I MADE IT EXTREMELY CLEAR the belt was just thrown on for picture. My Pheer is not an example of a shitty made grinder. PISS POOR Example of to make a point on. But truth be told..... Once I noticed it in my picture. I knew you were going to jump on it! Definitely not surprised.

Last edited:
Even though I specifically stated that I was using the images only to illustrate a point, and because you chose to be so offended, I've deleted my posts.

I'm not really offended because I knew it was coming. YES, some HOMEMADE grinders can be out of line in many aspects and cause a TON of aggrivation and issues. The Pheer grinder is not that example. Is it a $3500 grinder? No it's not. But it sure as hell runs smooth, tracks perfect, and is extremely affordable. My fault for misrepresenting a good machine.

Back