Christmas KITH Questions, PICS & Updates

I just went through this entire thread . . . waiting for Christmas to get here.

I can honestly say, there is a lot of talent in this year's Christmas KITH. You guys have knocked it out of the park. Some really nice knives are going to end up in new homes.

I cannot wait. Come on Christmas!!!

DeMo

That's funny, DeMo. I just did the same thing. There are some awesome knives going into the hat. I have mine finished, but I still haven't taken any decent pics yet. I'll have to get out the good camera and snap a couple soon. Come on, Santa, don't be late!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgFinally got mine finished up. This is pretty much my first hidden tang and attempt at a hamon. The steel is 1095, the guard is G10 and the handle is Stabilized black mesquite. OAL is 9" with a 4" cutting edge.

I got my blade hand sanded and etched, handle scales cut out and holes drilled. Going to glue it up tomorrow.

50151e222aca2836a068101cf2fcd5b5.jpg

What day are these due Darrin?

Justin, they need to be ready to ship with pics posted by Dec. 1. I'll probably do the drawing on Dec. 2nd and post the results. They need to be in the mail by Dec. 15th, to be sure they're all delivered by Christmas.

Matt - Very nice job!

Justin - You are looking good. Ever so close to finishing it up.

Darrin - Thank you for putting this together.

Yes Daniel I did a deep etch on my logo without darkening it. Not sure I like it but didn't want to distract from the hamon.

Got it epoxied up after work and will shape the handle tomorrow.

373c0b8b6902ad7ab5868de3491fa949.jpg

JP

Ok. OK. Here is my update. Got rained out last night for my heatteat. I will get pics posted tonight. I have the handle all sorked out, all of my pins are ready, and the leather is good for the sheath. Work is finaly slowed down so I can be a real person when I get home. Weekend is looking real good for time. And we are not hosting Thanksgiving this year.

Mines in the mail back from ht today and will be done by next weekend.
Here is the blade the day before I sent it off.

c899a89257fd12c586c5a73abf5f08ff.jpg

Well... Heat treat went well. Temper seamed to work. The blade does have a slight worp or twist, I can only see it on a flat table. Should have it all final ground tomarow. Pics are not working well.

Don't know if ill make the deadline or not. Just about finished hand sanding, still have a lot to do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 35
Back