Christmas in july KITH 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really hoping we keep with the mid-month exchange. I'm waiting for my Parks to be delivered. I can't HT til I get it.

If it's really at the 15th I'll be a bit late. The knife is done and the sheath was dyed today (it's one of my first two and looks like it I'm afraid) but I'll be out of town around the 15th.

I can mail as late as the 11th if I have a name and address by then.

So, is that the final word. drawing on the15th? Is so, I am good either way.

Paul

I don't make sheaths so I ordered one off Ebay that I think I can wet-fit; it should be here by early next week. Hope that's OK :eek:

The knife itself is almost ready, still needs to be hand-sanded and have scales fitted. Haven't decided what scales to use, but I have nice stuff from Larry and Mark to choose from, so it will be pretty if I don't goof it up :D

Attention Everyone............................

I know how excited everybody is in hopes to maybe getting an Ernie Swanson Knife:D, But I am going to have to call this one a no go.

I have to much stuff going on right now and will not be able to get one done in time, I will definitely have something if we do another one around Christmas time2thumbs

I have the knife finished,and the sheath is well on
it's way to being complete,I should have it all finished
up by Monday the 5th,if that is not to late.

God bless,Keith

Well dang, if Ernie and Mike aren't in, I give up!

Just kidding, my humble effort is almost ready. Please be gentle with your criticism when I post the pic, gents :eek:

Well dang, if Ernie and Mike aren't in, I give up!

I bet I could get mine done... I just don't know how I feel about it. It looks nice, probably the best knife I've done so far (only #15), and I know that this isn't a contest to see who has the best looking knife, just I wouldn't want whoever to get my knife to feel "cheated" on his side of the deal.

I'll post a pic once I get it a little more finished.

I bet I could get mine done... I just don't know how I feel about it.

I know what you mean, but go ahead and finish it bro. Run it up the flag pole and see who salutes! I don't think these guys will feel "cheated" if yours and my knife aren't as nice as theirs... that's not the point of the whole thing as I understand it. The idea is to have fun and do the best YOU can do. Next year our knives will be a little better; in the meantime us newbies get to have more experienced makers see our work and kick us in the pants about what could be better. Am I right guys?

Last edited:
I bet I could get mine done... I just don't know how I feel about it. It looks nice, probably the best knife I've done so far (only #15), and I know that this isn't a contest to see who has the best looking knife, just I wouldn't want whoever to get my knife to feel "cheated" on his side of the deal.

I'll post a pic once I get it a little more finished.

I feel the same way about mine, it's knife #2 for me. When I posted that I wasn't sure about entering mine I got like 7 PMs reassuring me that its not a contest, it's a chance to get some good feedback from somebody else handling your knife and a chance to get to handle somebody else's, for those reasons, I'm in...

I have mine finished. Actually, I have several finished and hope to have sheaths for a couple more finished in the next few days.

Ready to go except for pictures.

Carey

Alright, so I finished up the handle of the knife too. Now I need the sheath.

Here's a few specs:
Blade length: 3.75"
Overall length: 7.75"
Blade steel: Nicholson File tempered at 450
Handle material: Stabilized Spalted Maple End Grain
Pins: Homemade loveless style: 1/4" brass outside, #6 steel inside

dsc05643e.jpg

dsc05645c.jpg

dsc05644c.jpg

Yes, this side LOOKS dirty, but I swear, it's just dark spalting colors throughout!

dsc05646.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back