Certificate of Authenticity

Ernie Swanson

SASSY PINK LUUNCHBOX KNIFE MAKER
I was wondering if there is a place to print of Certificates of Authenticity?
I was thinking about sending one with each of my knives.

Thanks for any help

Sheffield actually sells a printed form like that. All you have to do is fill in the information (most I've seen are hand written/filled in)

Most makers that I know who offer an certificate make it up on either MS Word or some other word processor software.

A word of caution....in some cases I have seen these types of certificates create problems for a maker...particularly if the knife is a couple of years old, and prices have risen (the sale price is generally included on these certificates) since the knife was made. Some folks will use the information to try to get a new knife, for a THEN price.

Here's mine. Made it myself.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Knife Cert 2.jpg
    Knife Cert 2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 339
I use pre-printed certificates from Office Depot. They are blank and come 3 to sheet. I simply made a doucment that I print on the blank certificates.

I provide details of the knife, when it was made and I sign it. I do not include the price on the certificate. I keep them on hand to fill out when requested and I normally include one with higher priced knives.

COA.jpg

Just one thing to add, as my wife makes mine, is to add a picture of the knife to the certificate.It will help for insurance purpose's should the knife ever gets lost or stolen.Dave:)

I send a "how to care for your new knife" document with each knife. On it I describe the knife in detail and state the name of the buyer. I use a nice, heavy, recycled paper to print these on, it adds a nice touch.

Back