Carbon Fiber Swayback

Johnny Roberts

This is the last swayback in a series of three that I heat treated at the same time. It is also my first knife to be done with carbon fiber.

I really like the look of the pattern that showed when the knife was completed. It has nice grip and solid walk and talk. The ATS-34 blade (RC 59) and spring (RC 49) are flush at all three stops and all liners and pins are stainless steel. The liners are milled and all machining marks have been polished out. The knife has been finished to a 600 grit and the hollowground blade is nice and sharp.

Thanks for looking and more pics at my website if you are interested.

101223113314_img_1506.jpg

101223113245_img_1435.jpg

101223115512_img_1483.jpg

Merry Christmas!

Johnny

T A Davidson and Bill Ruple better watch out cause there is a new star on the block.
Sweet Johnny,you should get a picture of all 3 of them together if you can.
Stan

Thanks Stan. Especially since TA Davison and Bill Ruple are two guys that really got me interested in slip joints.

Here is a pic of the three together.

img_1521.jpg

Wow, Johnny, you make really nice swaybacks! And those sheaths are terrific, also. I really like the one on the far right.

It's not every day you see a swayback in carbon fiber. That is pretty bad ass! They are all dang nice looking!

Man, those are sweet! Yeah ya dont see slip joints with carbon fibre generally. Old design with new materials, should last and last.

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

You really hit on what I am striving for, Bruce - traditional patterns with newer materials.

Thanks again, everyone.

Back to the shop.....

Johnny

Great looking set Johnny.
That Carbon fiber is off the hook! I had to do a double take, at first glance it doesnt look like carbon.

Sean

Hey janekc, they are shadow pivot pins.

Basically, they are .250 pinstock with a 3/32 pivot pin through the center.

There is a really good "how-to" in the tutorial section.

Thanks for everyones comments and interest.

Johnny

Back