Been Busy for a while, missed you guys. Here is why.

Jim,
I haven't been a lot lately so I just saw your post. My wife just passed her 5th year cancer free mark so we know we can win over the demon.

We pray for your wife's healing and God's peace to both of you.

Carey

Jim, sorry to hear about your wife. Mine has a similar problem but on her hip. after it stopped healing, the surgeon who did the first one, called in a plastic surgeon. the reason it stopped healing is because there was a void in the wound. the body walled off this void as a natural defense. when it does this, the void does not get any blood flow so therefor no antibiotics. the plastic surgeon took a mussle flap and filled the void so it (hopefully) will heal. she was stiched closed and had a drain tube for about 10 days. she seams to be doing better but after a month still has drainage. two more weeks of IV antibiotics and if she still has drainage, they will start investigating again. I just wanted you to know so you have more questions for your surgeon before you go back to square one. God bless and good luck!

Well the nurse measured the depth of the wound this Monday and it had healed around 10% from the previous Monday, we are hoping that this process will continue and she will be free of the pump soon.
Thanks to all who are praying,
Jim

Well the nurse measured the depth of the wound this Monday and it had healed around 10% from the previous Monday, we are hoping that this process will continue and she will be free of the pump soon.
Thanks to all who are praying,
Jim
Another 10% this past week, going to see surgeon Thursday, please pray that God will give her the knowledge and ability to make the right call on the wound. The wife is SO tired of the pain of packing and unpacking and being connected to a machine. The nurse said there was another option, but did not think that the surgeon would change over yet. We had called about the severe pain the wife was having and the surgeon, (no names mentioned) prescribed a nerve pill instead of changing the pain meds. We called my wife's internist about the pain and he gave us a different drug (non-narcotic) and easy on the colon and it is WORKING. But, it still hurts when the packing is pulled out. So, the wife wants it OUT! We will see. Please keep us in your prayers, a lot of my yard work is going undone and, makes our house look like it is vacant. Thanks again to everyone that is praying. We are trusting the Lord for the outcome, one day we will understand the purpose.
Jim

Went to see Surgeon Thursday, first thing she said, "I have a virus", (no mask) then she ripped the bandages off much like a magician rips a tablecloth off leaving the dishes, she ripped so hard that the inside sponge came out. Said, sorry. Wife hollered then cried. I almost got mad enough to hit the dr. She has no regard for pain she inflicts on patients. Once this ordeal is over, we will be changing doctors. The wound has healed some, but not enough to get off the pump. Another 3 weeks of seeing her hurting and not feeling well, either the pain or the effects of the pain meds. Thankfully, we were switched to a non-narcotic weeks ago, but she still does not like the way they make her feel.
Thanks for the prayers,
Jim

Jim,

No, I don't know you but your story isn't new. I've family and friends with Breast Cancer and my prayers are for you and her. I would love to get to know you both... God Bless... In Him who sent us.

Thanks Jeff,
I need the prayers as much as the wife, I am tired, depressed and mad, all at the same time. The wound depth is not changing and the surgeon does not listen to the nurses who are seeing her 3 days a week and telling her that the surgeon needs to change treatment regimes. A dry wound does not heal well. Oh well, tomorrow is just another day. We will see the surgeon next Tuesday. Perhaps then we can get rid of the vacuum.

Visited the surgeon yesterday, expecting the worse, however..... She removed the wound pump for good and we start a new type of wound treatment. Some type of packing with microbial gel embedded in it with silver to get the sluff off. We will change that every few days until the yellow sluff is gone then go to a packing with just the microbial gel in it. But the wife is FREE from her leash. She is so excited, now just have to get her strength back up so we can take off on a mini vacation. Thanks to all who were praying, We do appreciate it. May the Lord Bless each and every one who did prayed for us. Great News and we were blessed.
Jim

May the Lord bless you and you wife with the strength to overcome such a difficult time and bring upon you His healing power in order to restore her health and fulfill you lives with joy.
God bless

Just a minor delay on our vacation,

You know when you get a vise, it would be best to put it on the ground or go ahead and bolt it down, had a nice 6'' metal vise that I picked up cheap and just set it on the bench. Never used it or decided on final location. BAD MISTAKE.:eek: While cleaning off the bench, I hit it with my elbow and off it went DOWN. Here is the result. Popped the toe like a balloon and fractured the toe (last joint thank goodness). Please use my experience never to put off being smart and putting things away safely. No stitches or glue, too many spots, but the bleeding finally stopped after 3 days. I guess it was good to let it bleed, it kept the swelling down and no throbbing. (So Far).
toe.jpg

I re-read this entire post. I am beside myself with emotions. I very much would like to say something that would be profoundly impacting on your life, but words do not convey what a heart can feel. Let it suffice to say that I am with you in prayer and spirit.
As for the falling vise... God bless your poor heart brother.

Eric

Prayers needed.

Update on wife: Wound vacuum did not close the wound (after 14 weeks of it), just found out why. We had it removed and the original surgeon suggested going to a wound clinic. We did and it is run by a friend of ours (a semi-retired surgeon), he told us it was soft tissue radiation damage to the breast and hyperbaric oxygen therapy would repair the damaged tissue. Got lined up for 5 days a week 2.5 hours a day for 6 weeks, the first day while they were increasing the pressure to 2.5 atmospheres, my wife's' ears started bleeding. Never got past 1.5 atmosphere . The next day, she had tubes put in her ears and the next day they completed 2.5 hrs at 2.5 atmospheres. Friday after 3 treatments, the surgeon running the clinic examines the breast again and tells us the wound would never close. She need 7 more full days of oxygen therapy then another surgery.

I am thinking and saying to myself, "Is this never going to end?" She is taking it better than I am, I am stressed out. This has been going on for a year and a half now and I am just down. Not asking for sympathy, but prayers. I know the Lord has a plan, but I sure would like to know it.

As for my toe, it oozed blood for 3 weeks before completely stopping. I am still having to wrap it daily in gauze after a good cleaning. The nail has not come off, YET, but do expect it to. Thank the Lord it does not hurt or throb anymore. I am in otherwise great health, just mentally tired.

What I need right now is to win another lottery, just got a confirmation about a Nigerian one that just needs my bank account information so they can transfer 8 million to it. I will share with all of you just as soon as it comes in.

Thanks for the prayers guys and thanks to Tracy for giving me a place to vent, one where my wife does not go.

Jim

Back