A VERY special frame handle bowie...

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
This knife means more to me than any other so far. I recently married the love of my life. We had a very nice, small, and quiet ceremony and reception here in Michigan. I made this knife for us to cut our wedding cake with. The handle represents our wedding colors, black and white. I used white g-10 for the handles. I don't know that white g-10 will ever have another application for me as a knifemaker again, but it worked well here. :) The inlay in the handle form two joined and twisted J's, which are the first initials of our names; John and Jennifer. The 'Twisted' filework on the blade and handle frame is one of my wife's favorite details and I thought it fitting as marriage 'twists' two lives into one.

Here are the specs:
Hand forged from 1075 steel, clay quenched and etched
Dimensions are from memory, 12 1/2" overall with a 7 1/2" blade, .210" thick at the ricasso
Twisted filework on the blade and handle frame
Black g-10 fittings with german silver spacers
Black g-10 frame
White g-10 scales
black carbon pin inlay

Thanks so much to Coop for the WONDERFUL images!

All comments are welcome.

That is a beautiful knife. It suits the occasion perfectly . I have 52 years this year , maybe I could barrow it. ? :biggrin:

A true masterpiece. This will become a family treasure for generations to come. An all inspiring work of art! Very nicely executed.

Congrats to both you and your lady. May your union be as filled with love and good memories as I have shared with my lady for just over 34 years.

As many have already said, "Congratulations!". Stunning work on this piece. I wish I had had the ability to do similarly when my wife and I were married.

Back