HHH Knives HAMMER IN! 3rd Annual

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
I would like to invite my friends and fellow knife makers from Michigan and surrounding areas to our HHH Hammer in.
thumbupdouble.gif

DATES: October 5th and 6th

We will be starting Saturday October 5th at about 9:30 AM and we will run late into the night Saturday. Then start again Sunday morning around 10:00 am. Working until approx 6:30 pm Sunday, or until we are all good and dirty and ready to call it a day! Whichever comes first.
biggrin.gif

This is our 3rd year doing the Hammer In. Its always BIG fun and we get to meet new friends. and share in the passion of this crazy thing we call knife making!! As well as eat way to much good food. This year Im thinking PIG ROAST!!!! As long as I know we will have enough people attending to help eat that delectable little pork chop!!

Last year we had a great time and forged feather damascus billets, a few integral blades were hammered out. As well as a bunch of other cool stuff! From blade grinding demo's to heat treating and handle making. Its was alot of fun.. For me the highlight of the weekend was the making of a LARGE and awesome Chopper. Starting from raw materials to finish knife. Then we tested it thoroughly. Chopping down small trees. and cutting 2X4's etc.

This year is sure to be a BLAST! Not having a "plan" is always half the fun.

Anyone interested in joining us this year. Message me for more info. and details. Post on this thread to help keep it visible to all KKF members. Your welcome to set up camp at my place or there is a hotel approx 30 miles down the road if you prefer.. Between Randy Jr's and myself we also can give some of ya a place to rest your head. (our homes are side by side) and I think between us we can comfortably accommodate 8 friends.. I expect these beds to fill up fast. So let me know if your planning on staying here so I can make and not give your pillow to someone else!!
smile.png

I look forward to meeting some new friends and connecting again with some old friends.

God Bless YA!
Randy

Thanks for looking, Please dont forget to POST here to keep this one on top this month.

I don't know if those Yankees could stand the awesomeness of TWO Florida boys being there at the same time.:biggrin:

You're correct there !

They would be wondering what planet we were from rolling in clad in full artic gear in the beginning of October.

I'd have to dress like Ralphie's little brother Randy from The Christmas Story.

Randy-Snow-Suit-A-Christmas-Story-2-500x400_zpsf5a8f7a1.jpg

Soft doesn't even begin to describe it Brad. It's FAR worse than you'd imagine. When it hits 68 I'm breaking out the hoodies. 60 and out come the stocking caps :D

I'd love to attend but I'm not fooling myself that I'll actually make the trip up.

-Josh

Soft doesn't even begin to describe it Brad. It's FAR worse than you'd imagine. When it hits 68 I'm breaking out the hoodies. 60 and out come the stocking caps :D

I'd love to attend but I'm not fooling myself that I'll actually make the trip up.

-Josh

Suck it up butter cup! Just kidding.

It would be great to get some of you Dog's here. but I totally understand that the drive or travel expense as well as the time is sometimes hard to make work with all our busy schedules!

One day we will meet Josh. and I may have to make the trip down to FLA for a event or show. :) As long as its in January or February. when its coldest here!

Oh I'd suck it up for the cold no problem. Still got a Carhartt ;)

It's difficult at this stage to justify the travel expense when there's SOOOOO much I could still get for the shop.

Not to mention the time away. Although I could partially justify the trip by going to NE Ohio to visit my parents also.

Another couple years and my kids will be a bit older and hopefully knives will be profitable so trips like this WILL be in my future.

Hmmmmm. Could drive it and drop the family at my inlaws in PA. Hmmmmm :D

Come on down to Fl. anytime Randy. We'll meet up somewhere someday no doubt about that.

-Josh

You better pack that Carhartt and a swim suit. Its Michigan and ya just never know what the weather will be the first weekend of October.

I hope you can work it out and join us this year.

Look after him Randy, make sure he dose not get too frost bit:)

Have a great time guys, someday I got to get down to one of these.

Well I'll declair! Josh is really going!
I was just kidding y'all,I ain't going.:biggrin:
But,if any of y'all are ever in my neck of the woods let me know,I'll be happy to entertain y'all.

Awwww come on Calvin !

You going to let me be the only shivering dog there :s7435:

It is a bummer we're both in Fl yet still an 8 hour drive away. Maybe someday I'll make it over to your neck of the woods though ya just never know.

Good thing I got all this insulation to keep me warm ;)

-Josh

OK guys.. Im looking at options for the pig roast part of the hammer in. I have never done a pig and was wanting some input.

I can
A. get the pig and roaster and roast that pig! buy the stuff tins, and charcoal and whatever else would be needed to not only cook it, but serve and stare left overs.

B. they will roast the pig for me and deliver it all cut and in serving pans. I just choose pig size and anything I would like the pig stuffed with. etc. and they do that roasting and bring the feast to me!!!

C. they will roast the pig per my requests. Then deliver the whole pig as well as if I want, they will cut it up and leave with the bones!

Im leaning toward roasting it here. But hate to take away from the limited time I have to spend doing stuff at the hammer in. Im already spread real thin on these days..

Options.
Considering having the pig stuffed with Sausage upon a friends recommendation. Any input here? I was thinking Pig stuffed with PIG wrapped in BACON has got to be good!
smile.gif
or would chickens inside that are stuffed with sausage seem like a acceptable second choice? Please tell me your ideas and share your experience

Cheflarge has offered to help, basically roast the pig for me. But I hate to take him away from all the fun by putting him to work.
sad.gif
I know that I would have him and the roasting on my mind. Just doesn't seem fair to me. Although I do know that EVERYONE will be talking to the chef if he is roasting a pig so he wont miss meeting anyone!!
wink.png
(Just thinking out loud here.)

Looking forward to some input from my friends.
smile.gif

Back