A few of my latest

John M Cohea

After the Blade Show in June, my family and I took a vaction my next time home, so that left little shop time, but I was able to get a few things made this last time off.All photos are by Scott Roush, whose style of photography fits my work very well.First up is two neck knives, one in a spike antler crown with a 1080 blade.
cohea2_web.jpg

Next one is handled in mammath ivory and a Chad Nichols damascus blade.The sheath on this one has a rare earth magnet to help with retention, and also has a forged mild steel element for a bail.
cohea3_web.jpg

This one is a full tang fixed blade with a 1080 blade and mammoth ivory scales.Scott lost track of where he was with the photos, so we got two great images of this one with different backgrounds!
Cohea1_web.jpg

cohea6_web.jpg

This next one is partial tang, 1080 blade, and has an artifact walrus ivory handle that was purchased from Mark Knapp.My first use of walrus ivory ,BTW.
Cohea4_web.jpg

Last is an elk antler tip friction folder that I made in memory of my freind Dave Cole, who's favorite thing to make was this type of folder.This one has a stand of weathered oak and forged elements.
cohea5_web.jpg

cohea7_web.jpg

Hope you enjoy the look, and thanks for the great photos Scott!

Wow, What a great bunch of knives John! Hard to pick a favorite from that batch, But if I had to pick just 1 it would be that sweet little neck knife with the ivory handle!
Or maybe the awesome friction folder.. or... Oh forget it, Just box em all up and send them over so I can get a better look!! :D JK Scot did a excellent job on these photos as well!!

Thanks for posting these, It was a pleasure to view.

John, it is a real honor just to view your work. I think the friction folder is a great tribute to a great man.

It's always a pleasure to look at your work John. Nice stuff as always.

SDS

Pure and amazing art John!

Denny is spot-on... the friction folder is amazing and a great tribute piece.

Back