3rd Annual KD July KITH

I just need to shape the scales and put them on, then get the sheath, should have it done soon.
photo.jpg
Mardrone burl with Hunter orange, dark brown, and hunter orange liners

Last edited:
Here is my KITH offering- it's my attemp at copying a model 3 Randall, except this is 3/16 D2 and pommel is extended. I copied sheath as well and combined some qualities of various styles - stone is a hard Arkansas I had laying around- no salmon sorry.
AusbrooksKith7.jpg

AusbrooksKith3.jpg

Here is my KITH offering- it's my attemp at copying a model 3 Randall, except this is 3/16 D2 and pommel is extended. I copied sheath as well and combined some qualities of various styles - stone is a hard Arkansas I had laying around- no salmon sorry.
AusbrooksKith7.jpg

AusbrooksKith3.jpg

Geez that is fantastic work. Makes me want to trash mine.

AusbrooksKith7.jpg

AusbrooksKith3.jpg

Outstanding work, i like this one.

NP

Here's my entry. I still have to put an edge on it.

Santoku of AEB-L with spalted, mostly sapwood Ambonya burl that I had WSSI stabilize.
A pait of the boss's copper Corby bolts.

Attachments

• P7072350.jpg
    P7072350.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 21
  • P7072351.jpg
    P7072351.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 12
Here's my entry. I still have to put an edge on it.

Santoku of AEB-L with spalted, mostly sapwood Ambonya burl that I had WSSI stabilize.
A pait of the boss's copper Corby bolts.

Nice work , I like the addition of copper bolts . makes it look like new/ vintage . hardly anyone uses copper anymore for knives .

Man, you guys have me wanting to pull out of this KITH. :34: You all have some amazing knives! I'm putting the finishing touches on mine and will post a picture as soon as the "Completed KITH," thread starts.

Very nice, Dan.

ETA:
Mine's now ready to go whenever. Sheath is done and the finish work on the knife is complete.

Last edited:
Well... I warned you that mine was going to be a little "out there". I guess seeing how everyone is obsessed with a zombie apocalypse and what not, maybe this will find an appreciative home. I'll just call it a tanto fighter rather than a personal zombie dismemberment device. I carried the same 22 degree from the main edge across to the "tanto edge" to give it somewhat of a zero grind at the tip. It does show some scratches on that edge from using the stones though. Sorry for the lousy pics...

Anyway, here's the specs:

OAL: 11 1/4"
Blade (tip to guard) 6 1/2"
Blade Steel: 440C with a blasted finish
Hardware 304 guard and 303 pins
Scales: Black linen Micarta
Heat treat by Peters' at 57-58 HRC
tf1.jpg

tf2.jpg

tf3.jpg

wicked. I really like that. Has a solid, take no prisoners, not interested in being flashy just lopping off body parts, kinda feel to it.

Thanks! I really wasn't going for pretty (maybe I should have..), although I could see this with a rubbed finish and some nice wood. Honestly, I was really torn about this one... I generally make a drop point hunter or mid size utility for these things. I designed this last fall, but didn't really have an excuse to work on it. I figured I could justify the shop time for the KITH, otherwise I probably wouldn't have gotten around to making it for a few more months.

This is a little 6" OAL user in O1 and cocobolo with a belt clip sheath. Not as nice as some I've seen here, but it will make a good edc for someone.

Thanks for the chance to participate.

Dick

kith1.jpgkith 2.jpg

Well guys here is my offering hope you like.
1095 w/hamon
black palm wood
loveless bolts
carbon thong tube
And a pancake sheath

Attachments

• 100_3365.jpg
    100_3365.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_3398.jpg
    100_3398.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 12