2012 Members Choice Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
It's time once again for the annual KnifeDogs Members Choice Awards.
This is our third contest and we expect it to be the best yet.
We are going with the same categories as last year with the following exceptions.
A. Bowies and Fighters over 11" will be combined into Non Tactical Fixed blades.
B. Bushcraft and Neo Tribal will have it's own category due to it's explosion in popularity.

So this years categories will be as follows:

Non-Tactical Fixed Blade
Tactical Fixed Blade
Non-Tactical Folder
Tactical-Folder
Best New Builder
Tomahawks, Axes and Swords
Leatherworks
Neo-Tribal / Bushcraft
Best Forum educator
Top Dog

I'll start and stick a thread for each category and we will except nominations through Friday January 18th. They will then close at midnight and the final voting will begin and will end at midnight the Jan 31st.

The rules are simple:
The entries must have been posted with a picture on KnifeDogs during the year 2012.
You can nominate yourself or any other member.
Please post a good picture, because that's all we have to go by.
If a nominee thinks he's in the wrong category, just let me know.

What you can win:
International prestige and acclaim :)
A free one year personal forum on KnifeDogs (or renewal of your current forum)
A nice engraved plaque. (Handled again this year by Beth in Customer service).

So check out the nomination threads and let's get the ball rolling,
Thanks,
Steve

The nominations end at Midnite.
Please check the posts to see if you're happy with where your piece is. If you request to move it, let me know.
You can only have one piece per category and a maker is only eligible in 3 categories.

Myself and a Mod (I Appoint Brad Lilly, lol) will make any final decisions before the final vote begins.

Good luck to all and thanks for participating.

One more week to vote!!!
Come on guys, every vote counts, if you take the time to look at the thread why not just vote? I see one thread with over 1500 views and only 35 votes. These nominees worked their butts off so lets give 'em their due respect.

Thanks to all.
Steve

And the people have spoken...
With all the votes tallied, here are the results of the 2012 KNIFEDOGS MEMBERS CHOICE AWARDS (aka, the "Doggies")

Best Non Tactical Folder.............................................................................Calvin Robinson
Best Non Tactical Fixed Blade......................................................................Karl Andersen
Best New Maker........................................................................................Eric Lagrange
Best Neo Tribal / Bushcraft.........................................................................Josh Dabney
Best Tactical Fixed Blade............................................................................Randy Haas
Best Tactical Folder...................................................................................David Curtiss
Best Hawk, Axe or Sword............................................................................Wade Hougham
Best Leatherwork.......................................................................................Kid Terico
The Forum's Top Dog..................................................................................Randy Haas
The Forum's Best Educator..........................................................................Kevin Cashen

It's really great to see some new faces in the winners circle!!
Thanks to all who participated and congrats to the winners.

Steve

Wow, now thats a good line up of winners!

It was great to watch the progression of their skills on the way to the top over the last couple years, with the exception of Kevin anyway, He was always at the top.

Congrats to all the winners!! Well deserved with awesome knives.

Congratulations to everyone nominated and to everyone who won. You all deserve it!

Randy Haas taking away two awards... Who didn't see that coming :35:

Congratulations to all the winners they certainly deserve it. There were some awesome knives on here

:35::35::35::35:

Great looking Doggie class of 2012 ! Except that Dabney character of course !

A big thanks to Janik for all his effort running the show and Brad for the assist :35: Way to go running a smooth show fellas.

Also a BIG thanks to those who took the time to vote !

-Josh

WOW!
Thank you God for all your blessings.
Thank you Steven Janik and KnifeDogs for this awards program.
Thank you to everyone that voted.
Congradulations to all the other winners and nominees.

Calvin Robinson

Thanks for the Thanks, Calvin.
I gotta thank all who helped, and the winners should expect a PM from Customer Service Beth regarding their forums and plaques.

Oh, and while we're at it, we may as well start thanking Brad Lilly for all his help next year.
Somehow, I see him volunteering to be the Awards Boss. He just doesn't know that he's volunteered yet!!

Steve

Thanks guys! Its a honor to win and even better to be part of this great community of knife makers!!

Thanks to Boss and the Knife Dogs team for all they do here on KD!!!

Thanks Brad!! LMAO!! :)

I thank the Boss, Steve and Brad and all who participated to make this happen. We truly are the best on the net.
Wade

Steve and Brad thanks for putting this on. Its always fun. Congratulation to all the winners and every one else. It is always nice to see so much GREAT TALENT in one place and KD brings out the best. KidTerico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back